Threat level raised to "Orange"

by DanTheMan 33 Replies latest social current

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=1&u=/ap/20031221/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/terror_threat

I'm feeling very antsy, I've been waiting for a much bigger "other shoe to drop" since 9/11.

I don't know if it's all the years of the apocalyptic JW thinking but I still live with a haunting fear that the whole works is headed for a spectacular crash. I wonder how helpless Chinese villagers felt when they saw Ghenghis Khan's hordes on the horizon heading toward them. That's how I feel, helpless.

Dan

• logansrun
    logansrun

And, how many times has "Homeland Defense" raised the silly alert system (only playing right into the terrorists hands by, well, promoting terror)?

And, you honestly believe terrorists care about Columbus Ohio?

Put yer mind at ease there lad

Bradley

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dan

That's how I feel, helpless.

That means the propaganda is working. It's not based on terror threat level, it's based on the need to maintain the general fear level. Fear leads to paralysis/apathy/control. Watch less tv, or be more selective, at least.

SS

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Enjoy every sandwich.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    And, how many times has "Homeland Defense" raised the silly alert system (only playing right into the terrorists hands by, well, promoting terror)?

I don't think releasing "hightened alert" information to the public really does much good except cause more panic. And all the alerts are really serving as "crying wolf" to the point where I wonder if they will even be effective soon.

• sf
    sf
    That means the propaganda is working. It's not based on terror threat level, it's based on the need to maintain the general fear level. Fear leads to paralysis/apathy/control. Watch less tv, or be more selective, at least.

Bingo.

F=false E=evidence A=appearing R=real.

sKally

• JH
    JH

I think that these terror alerts are there in response to not giving any before 9/11. If something happens again, they will say that they were warned this time, for whatever good that can do.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Funny how you armchair quarterbacks find everything so silly....until something happens. There is increased chatter on the terrorist network...I think advising people is a good thing. See if they DIDN'T and something happened that would give all you haters an excuse to bitch. Caution is never a bad thing and no I don't think it incites fear when it is done in this manner. Damned if they do Damned if they don't GEESH My son made it home safe and I am glad he isn't flying next week... personally.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    haters

Oooh, that's hurtful. Wouldn't skeptics be more reasonable?

SS

• sf
    sf

F.E.A.R begats F.E.A.R.

Nothing funny or silly 'bout THAT.

Your son was lucky.

Sheila, ever been to chatrooms where moms are grieving their dead sons and daughters in Iraq? You might be able to bring some comfort.

Hate begats Hate Sheila.

Have a nice day; or at least try to. I'm sure many moms would be DYING to do the same at this moment.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit