Do You Ever Wish That Hillary Was President?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Hillary is very supportive of doing whatever it takes to undermine Trump. Would you be happy if she were your President?

• jp1692
    jp1692

No, I do not.

Why do you assume that if someone doesn’t like Trump they must like Hillary?

It’s wrong and it’s weird.

Binary, Black & White, either/or, this or that thinking is not healthy and rarely—if ever—does it reflect actual reality.

Cults like to create false dichotomies like this to manipulate our thInking.

Life is filled with ambiguities and shades of gray. There are often any number of choices available to us; seldom is there only one or two.

It’s important for us as individuals and as members of society to learn this.

I don’t like Trump. He is a horrible person. I detest Hillary. She is corrupt.

At the last election I voted for every office, measure, initiative, et cetera EXCEPT President.

There wasn’t a single candidate that represents my core values. Not one.

• recovering
    recovering

Absolutely not.

I am a moderate. I would have been happier with an honorable man like John McCain.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Choosing between two horrible people isn't a choice.

• Apostate Anonymous
  • Steel
    Steel

Yes

Trump is literally the worst of both Obama and Bush. Unstainable deficit spending combined with sustainable tax cuts complete with some communist command economy that gets rid of foreign completion.

Sadly it will take about a decade to see how bad he screws it up.

Sadly the worst part he is going to literally create an economic storm in central America and Mexico that will send people fleeing in the millions for the US and that wall isn't going to stop it. Complete with the gangs and drugs. It will be worse than Europe and Syria.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Its neither weird nor “binary” in the context you mean. Those were the two choices, hill or trump. To ask if you wish if the only other person on the ballot had won seems reasonable.

Perhaps you wish the question to have been “would you rather someone else won”, but that was never a real option in a two party system.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Bernie Sanders was the only one offering an alternative with a chance to win.

• minimus
    minimus

I didn’t assume anything, jp. That’s why I asked the question. Remember, she was the other valid choice for Prez.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hello from a country outside the US. There's a big world out here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit