How to change 1914

by Bendrr 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

in 1931, we embraced the truly distinctive name Jehovah’s Witnesses

So what? That never stopped them from changing dates. All they have to say is that they actually adopted the name "Jehovah's Witnesses" in 1935. It was so long ago, nobody will notice.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

To Carmel

rs p. 96 - p. 97 Dates ***

How,

then, is the time calculated down to 1914? Counting 2,520 years from early October of 607 B.C.E. brings us to early October of 1914 C.E., as shown on the chart.

CALCULATING

THE "SEVEN TIMES"

"Seven times" = 7 X 360 = 2,520 years

A Biblical "time," or year = 12 X 30 days = 360. (Rev. 11:2, 3; 12:6, 14)

In the fulfillment of the "seven times" each day equals one year. (Ezek. 4:6; Num. 14:34)

Early October, 607 B.C.E., to December 31, 607 B.C.E.= 1/4 year

January 1, 606 B.C.E., to December 31, 1 B.C.E. = 606 years

January 1, 1 C.E., to December 31, 1913 = 1,913 years

January 1, 1914, to early October, 1914 = 3/4 year

Total: 2,520 years

• toreador
  • heathen
    heathen

The only thing I think they can do to save face is abandon the belief that Daniel -4 is talking about the appointed times of the nations . It clearly says that it was about king nebuchadnezzar losing his authority for 7 yrs and nothing more. This whole 7 times 360 is complete fabrication . It is obvious that noone can give an accurate date to when judah was sacked . They did discover how wrong they were about the complete destruction of world powers and such in 1914 so of course changed it to an invisible return and no doubt the followers of russel just believed what ever was said . I mean jeeze , how many times do you have to change the understanding before people realize you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

• toreador
    toreador

I mean jeeze , how many times do you have to change the understanding before people realize you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Apparently a few more times for most.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit