Debunking the Skeptics

by Tashawaa 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Thanks Avishai, but I'm use to this type of contraversy and opposition! I FIRMLY believe the more I'm opposed in my beliefs, it is only evidence of the truthfulness of my stand.

BTW - Merry X-mas

• Undecided
    Undecided
    there are the writings, personal experiences, songs, miracles, plus he has touched my heart.

Have you really read his writings(if you think the bible is his writings). There is more death, wars, killings than caused by anything that man has done in history. He invented the sword in the Genesis account that has caused more death than any other weapon. He killed the whole human race except for a few in the flood. He promises to kill all humans but a few on the straight and narrow path, according to Jesus. Does that sound like a loving God? Look at nature, all living creation lives by killing other creatures, from viruses, parisites, most animals and humans. Where is the love?

Miracles? What kind does he do? Look at all the death and suffering due to viruses, and other diseases that cause suffering and pain. He is supposed to be able to cure it if he wished. Where is the miracles that stop it from killing his servants? What has songs got to do with anything? Your feelings in your heart doesn't prove anything except to you.

I'm glad you can find peace personally, but I sure can't see any reason to have any from your evidence.

Ken P.

PS: I just read the link, sorry for the misunderstanding of your post.

• Swan
    Swan

I believe. He has never failed me since I started believing in Him.

Tammy

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Undecided - I'm happy you've read the link, but none-the-less, I feel compelled to address your arguments:

Have you really read his writings(if you think the bible is his writings). There is more death, wars, killings than caused by anything that man has done in history. He invented the sword in the Genesis account that has caused more death than any other weapon. He killed the whole human race except for a few in the flood. He promises to kill all humans but a few on the straight and narrow path, according to Jesus. Does that sound like a loving God? Look at nature, all living creation lives by killing other creatures, from viruses, parisites, most animals and humans. Where is the love?

I have read his writings .... "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is just one in which we see how we can overcome this world's negativity thru the spirit of love and generousity. Isn't that heart-warming??? I don't believe any Whos in Whoville were slaughtered, although the Grinch was a fierce opposer.

Miracles? What kind does he do?

Well, firstly he knows when "you've been bad or good"; he's capable of gift-giving worldwide in one evening; he produces his own toys; his reindeer fly.... need I saw more?

Look at all the death and suffering due to viruses, and other diseases that cause suffering and pain. He is supposed to be able to cure it if he wished. Where is the miracles that stop it from killing his servants? What has songs got to do with anything? Your feelings in your heart doesn't prove anything except to you.

I'm not sure if Santa has ever claimed to heal - but I know he visits the sick children in hospitals every year.

I'm glad you can find peace personally, but I sure can't see any reason to have any from your evidence

Please see the link. The evidence is presently in a very articulate manner.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

ROFL, Tashawaa! Great thread.

To everyone who replied before reading the link:

• jackal
    jackal

Doh!

OK, ya got me. I will now go read some history books myself to see if there was ever a bloodthirsty Santa cult. I'll get back to you if I find anything.

Merry Christmas!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

But unlike Allah no one has been killed in his name.

PURE UTTER BULLSHIT

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

I woke up in a mischevious mood this morning. You have no idea how hard it was for me to RESIST continuing to play the true believer in Santa and refuting your godless ways.

I plan on proving the existance of Fairies (the Tooth Fairy in particular) next. I hope I get the same heated debates!!!

Merry Christmas Jackal

• Swan
    Swan

I just got back to my office and again He has blessed me for my devout and unwavering faith in him.

I believe I have just received a sign from Him; the calling to become one of His true disciples. Yes, a box of See's Chocolates. He obviously wants me to increase my girth to be more like Him. The extra blubber will also keep me warmer slaving away in a toyshop during those long winter arctic nights.

And I have to agree; I don't know of any case historically where blood was shed in his name.

Tammy :-)

• Carmel
    Carmel

Santa's costume used to be white as snow but since He became involved in the Palistinian issue, it is stained red with blood. He even fouled the drinking water with the blood of innocent Israelies so that the first raindeer to take a drink had his nose turn brilliant crimson. Such a waste, these violent flying gods! They should spend more time making snow come to the ski slopes rather than delivering plastic junk toys down chimneys!

carm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit