Debunking the Skeptics

by Tashawaa 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

http://www.abc.net.au/centralvic/stories/s1006138.htm

I thought the above link provides a good argument for those who doubt "his" existance. Sometimes we get so caught up in the "science" - we forget that with him "...anything is possible".

IMO, I'd still believe due to my faith and evidence - there are the writings, personal experiences, songs, miracles, plus he has touched my heart.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    there are the writings, personal experiences, songs, miracles, plus he has touched my heart.

This is also the evidence that proves indisputably that Allah is the one and true God. Zeus, too.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

But unlike Allah no one has been killed in his name. He does no harm and loves unconditionally - all one has to do is believe in him. Therefore, Allah is a false god.

Zeus is a myth - everyone KNOWS that!!! (silly )

• Sirona
    Sirona

Tashawaa

Zeus is a myth - everyone KNOWS that!!! (silly )

Tut tut. Oh. tut tut.

Didn't you realise that all Gods are mythological in origin? All Gods. One theory of the reason for this is that there is One God - One Divine All - who cannot be understood by humans, who cannot be "seen" by humans, who is so beyond us that we couldn't begin to know.

So what do we have? We have human-like representations of God - aspects of the Divine All. That is why you get the same themes running through religions - a Father, a Pure Mother, a Divine Child who grows and is sacrificed to save us. Don't you see that the reason for this is that we humans have put our own faces to God because that is the easiest way to understand Him/Her?

That is why the native american indians see God in animals, why Catholics see the Divine Mary, why JW's see God as an old man on a throne. If you are ever visited by a god, you see what your own mind allows.

Zeus is as much a god as Jesus is.

Sirona

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

(((Sirona)))

Sing it sister - I believe all FALSE gods have their orgin in Myth, however if you link to the site you'll see that there is evidence clearly presented!

Although, there may be a "human" face attached, that is so we can all relate to his kindness and generousity. His "humanity" does not negate his wisdom in knowing "all" nor his abilities as a miracle worker.

• jackal
    jackal

But unlike Allah no one has been killed in his name.

Tashawaa, I'm sorry, but you seriously need to read some history books. Ever hear of the Crusades? The Inquisition? The conquest of Mexico? Etc. etc. etc. Many, MANY people have been "killed in his name." Entire civilizations have been conquered and subjugated "in his name." Some of them believed in Allah, too.

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

*laughing*

That'll teach me not to read the link before going off half-cocked. Cute.

Edited at 11:06 CST because I'm a rash idiot.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Tashawaa, I'm sorry, but you seriously need to read some history books. Ever hear of the Crusades? The Inquisition? The conquest of Mexico? Etc. etc. etc. Many, MANY people have been "killed in his name." Entire civilizations have been conquered and subjugated "in his name." Some of them believed in Allah, too.

Jackal - I have read the history books, and perhaps you can refer me to the book that shows the evidence that Santa Claus participated in these events.

You're never to old to believe IF there's enough evidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• avishai
    avishai

OK, for all of you boneheads that are giving Tashwaa a hassle, like I was going to, until I READ THE LINK!!!!

Read the link, for gods sake, before you give her a hassle. Geez. Talk about knee-jerk reactions

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    But unlike Allah no one has been killed in his name.

You might want to give the Bible a quick perusal. Jehovah himself commanded the Israelites to destroy seven nations more numerous than themselves, before entering the promised land. The Bible's own inflated census would indicate that the Israelites butchered approximately 18 million people in the name of Jehovah.

Later on, Christian nations went slaughtering in the name of God on a huge scale. As has already been mentioned, the crusades and inquisitions killed untold numbers of people. In fact, Christianity has probably killed more people in the name of God than any other religion.

By the way, I'm not completely clear on your stand. Are you serious?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit