Where is that lovely old thread "where are you from?"

by clarity 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• clarity
    clarity

Big hello again to all

There was an old thread, many pages long, where we could say where we lived in the world.

Many just put the Country but others told a bit about their hometowns.

I cannot seem to find it and just wondering if this still exists ....Blondie maybe??

Now that there are so many of us, it might be pretty fantastic to know how many potential friends we have living in our areas.

thank you ....

clarity

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi, clarity:

Was it Mr. Flipper's thread, Nice to Meet You; post your picture?

FHN:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/152753/beloved-landmarks-from-your-hometown

• compound complex
    compound complex
    double post
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Big hello to you too Clarity ❤️

• clarity
    clarity

Hi you guys ........so nice to 'see' you again! Don't think it was flipper's ...... someone in England maybe.

Thanks for the link though

• compound complex
    compound complex

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/136039/natural-beauty-your-neighborhood

Dear Friends,

One of my greatest enjoyments is a daily walk. I see things in far greater detail than when I am driving by. Naturally! The beautiful architectural design of a particular home and its landscaping, for example, are always of major interest to me.

Today was incredibly beautiful, with a crackling-hot feel to the air. I was awed by the deeply-hued, stately pines and glossy-leafed, black oaks, set against a sky of deepest blue. In the foreground were well-rounded oleanders, whose scarlet blossoms and snow-white blossoms filled the air with their heavy, sensuous perfume. I even spied a novel specimen with salmon-colored blossoms. Far in the distance proudly sat, bolt-upright, the world's smallest mountain range: "When God was creating the mountains, some mud fell out of His hip pocket," so the legend goes.

An hour-and-a-half never passed so quickly; I was exhilarated.

What's it like in your neck of the woods?

• compound complex
    compound complex

FlyHighNow's thread (link above):

When I was almost seven, we moved from the gulf coast town of Mobile, Alabama to Morgan City, Louisiana. On Brashear Avenue, which was also Highway 90, the Gulf Coast Hwy, going towards the now old Atchafalaya Bridge, there was a shrimp boat in the middle of the road called The Spirit of Morgan City. At Christmas time they decorated it with a Santa on the front and his reindeer out front, as if it were Santa's mode of transportation through cajun country, rather than his regular sleigh.

This was one of the coolest landmarks of any small town I have lived in. This picture is not the best view of Spirit of Morgan City. What landmarks do you remember fondly from your hometown? Share pics if you can. I hope this pic will show up. If not, I will find a way to post it.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Far in the distance proudly sat, bolt-upright, the world's smallest mountain range: "When God was creating the mountains, some mud fell out of His hip pocket," so the legend goes.

An hour-and-a-half never passed so quickly; I was exhilarated.

What's it like in your neck of the woods?

I took this photo of Mt. Rainier on my way to work the other morning. The photo was taken through a somewhat dirty windshield and doesn't begin to capture what I saw but it was glorious sight to behold as I rounded the bend in the road.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Wow, Pete Zahut:

On FHN's hometown thread, Mulan posted a view of the Seattle Space Needle and commented that Mt. Rainier was hiding behind the clouds that day.

THANKS!

• compound complex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit