A serious question about the angels that materialized pre-flood

by TweetieBird 48 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

According to the bible, the angels saw the daughters of men, materialized into human bodies and married the women, had children. Here's my question...did they create for themselves a human body or did they transform themselves into a human body that already existed? I know this may seem silly, but I was just wondering where the sperm came from to impregnate the women?

• morty
    morty

good question Tweetiebird...

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I heard that they created bodies like God created Adam, during the flood they just left their bodies to go back to heaven; God told them they couldn't come back so they became demons BUT God also commanded that they could no longer create human bodies to inhabit. Hence why all demons hassling humans all take a "ghost-like" form. At least that's what my mommy told me. Sounds an awful lot like Greek Mythology eh?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

That's the JW take on it.

I think you'll find the text actually says something different, like:
    "The sons of God saw the daughters of [Adam]..."

There's another theory that has the family of Adam as only one branch of the human race.
    Given what we know of how long Homo Sapien Sapien has walked this planet, that may be a more likely avenue of investigation.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

You're right Tuesday (btw, welcome!), it's very akin to Greek and other mythologies: in fact it IS mythology.

You may have a look at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/62942/1.ashx (the subject comes up after a few posts).

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Tweetie -

Good question! I've wondered the same thing too! I have yet another question in this vein - have any skeletal remains every been found of the Nephilim? Does anyone know the answer to that?

growedup

• Satanus
    Satanus

Obviously, in wt theology, demons had the power to create humans, until god took it away. So then, angels would still have that power.

This could lead to many other questions directed at this wt/bible story. For instance:

did the demons put the 'breath of life' into the bodies

if they didn't, could they have

were the demons themselves effectively the animating force, apart from a 'breath of life'

when god created adam, 'breathing the breath of life' into him, was adam an incarnation of god, if not, why not

did jesus' incarnation, his 'life force' taking over of the zigote, displace a previous being

if there is no preexistence, from where does the new being in the zigote originate

SS

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

When the cow jumped over the moon, how did it know how much oxygen to take along, or was it able to survive the rigors of space without any equipment?

Oh, wait... that's just a story... sorry, I thought it really happened.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Ah, I want to know how human's sprang from Tiamat's blood after she was cleaved in two, and where the last Titan is, and how Thor's hammer returned to his hand after throwing, and what the tooth fairy does with all the teeth, and, very importantly, considering his work brings him into regular contact with children, whether Santa Claus has has been vetted?

Come on people... we may as well ask why Krishna was blue. Don't try and find reasons to believe what you'd laugh at as myth if you hadn't been bought up being told it is true.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

OK, as I understand it, the angels did not "create" or "breathe life" into anything. That would be heretical, since only Jehoober can do that, except for Jebus, but he can do it only when under a licencing agreement with the express written consent of the most holy.

Anyway, here is how it happened, according to official JW mythology. The angels "materialized" - get it? It was like Star Trek. They shimmered for an instant, then gradually became present.

Man, don't you guys know anything?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit