My son taking actions to get himself Dfed

by freeman 13 Replies latest jw friends

• freeman
    freeman

Last night my older son, (now 20) decided to smoke a cigarette in front of active witnesses. Of course they will be obliged to report this at once to the Elders, who will question him about it. I knew something big was coming as I overheard him say to my wife the other day ?your not mad at me because of anything I did, you?re just mad at me because I?m an atheist?. Wow, I choked on my coffee when I heard that!

I have to admit I?m a little behind on the latest JW dogma but I?m fairly certain smoking is still a big no-no. I?m guessing the brothers would tend to frown on atheism just a bit too. Ya think?

My son has recently seen for himself the JW brand of love up close and personal via his so-called best friend (long story for another time), and I think he has finally realized they are full of bullsh*t; something I?ve tried to convey to him for some time. I?m concerned about his mental state since he was raised in THE LIE, and a good number of his friends remain in bondage to the printing firm. I hope he is mentally prepared for the shunning.

Anyway I just wanted to share the news, I?ll keep you posted on any developments. Maybe one day he will be posting here as Freeman Jr.

Freeman

• simplesally
    simplesally

Pretty surprising he'd just up and smoke in front of someone. If I had been a witness and a witness friend did that, I'd probably tell them one of us needed to talk to the others. I would not go behind their back. Funny isn' it? I and others could have a few more drinks than we should but I never saw the need to call the elders. I guess smoking to me would have been shocking, not the result of emotion, not because you already had a few drinks, etc. Now if she/he smoked after drinking a few, now that even would not have me tell the person to tell the elders....cuz I know how that can happen.

But I remember seeing my df'd husband just take out a cigarette outside of a restaurant and light up. It made me cry. I remember being shocked because he was not under the influence of anything. It was the first time he smoked in front of me. I knew of his habit, but I always thought it was just at work, just at the bar after work with the guys, etc.

Well, your son did the right thing since he wants to shock them and get df'd!!

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

((((((((((((((((((((Freeman))))))))))))))))))

I wish your son the best!! He will be welcome here and will get some of the support that he needs in this difficult time. Good luck to him and you both. Keep us posted.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Ah, smoking. I blame the "truth" for getting me started. The stress I was going through was horrible. The buzz I used to get would make me feel good. I remember brushing my teeth like hell before going to a meeting so noone would smell it on me.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Last night my older son, (now 20) decided to smoke a cigarette in front of active witnesses. Of course they will be obliged to report this at once to the Elders, who will question him about it.

Well, he sounds like a good bloke to me! Tell him NOT to meet with the elders; that he doesn't recognise their authority and that they can go and F-F-F-F FORGET IT!

Ian

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

My moral support to your son!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Wow, obviously your son has made some pretty firm decisions. (It's a shame, however, that he had to take up smoking to do this. )But, however he chooses, it's his life and he's old enough to be living it. He probably will be surprised at how extensive the cutting off will become. It's no fun being labeled and shunned, and he will lose his friends still in, or hanging on. He may come a callin for some support from his dad. I know you will be there for him.

• freeman
    freeman

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement. When he does get the boot and after things are settled down, I?m going to show him your postings so he can see for himself the contrast between the Borg and real genuine caring people like yourselves.

Happy holidays everyone

Freeman

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Last night my older son, (now 20) decided to smoke a cigarette in front of active witnesses.

The guy has guts.... he should do well in life, now that he can think for himself. Just hope he doesn't get "stuck" with the nasty cigarette habit... it can be a real b*tch to quit. This 's on me. If you read this son, Good Luck, we're all here pullin for you.

• Carmel
    Carmel

What a dad! couldn't you have told him about adultry? After all the habit is a lot more fun and doesn't leave that "air" about you,,,ah never mind....

caveman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit