Some Highlights,page 9,2004 yb."Our Children.......

by Blueblades 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

During the talk "Our Children-----A Precious Inheritance,"the speaker released the beautifully illustrated 256-page book Learn From the Great Teacher.Parents who deeply appreciate this divine inheritance will enjoy studying this fine new publication with their little ones."Children" says the book,"need moral guidance,principles by which to live.And they need these from their tender years on.Heart-breaking things can and do happen when childern do not receive help until it is too late."

Learn From the Great Teacher includes over 230 picture----almost double the number found in the Bible Stories book.Every picture and group of pictures has a caption,most in the form of a question.The answers can be found on the same page.These and the many other questions throughout the book can be a find stimulus for conversation,allowing children to express themselves from the heart.For example,the caption on page 101 reads:"Why is it important to remember to say thank you?"And parents be sure to read the prologue,"What Children Need From Parents."If you apply the suggestions mentioned there,your family will reap the greatest benefits from this finestudy aid.

There have been some comments after the summer release of this publication on this forum,most of those comments expressed how this publication was not for the young ones.What are your thoughts on how this publication is presented in the 2004 Yearbook? Again,feel free to comment.

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

There's no formula for children to stay in the "truth". The Society knows this. Even if a parent does all the "right" things, it is no guarantee that this will result in a successful theocratic family. They print these books with the hope that they will be able to keep young ones in the organization. It, of course, will not work. Look at me.

• cypher50
    cypher50
    There's no formula for children to stay in the "truth"

Like you said, 'look at me'. I think the most arrogant thing that some JW's do is that they make parents of non-witness children feel somehow like they are horrible parents...bastards...

• yxl1
    yxl1
    They print these books with the hope that they will be able to keep young ones in the organization.

Thats one reason. The other reason is money.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Is this book similar to the older pink one with a similar title?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Might this be an article in a book published by a book publishing corporation about another book published by the same book publishing company? Push the books in the books?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Is this book similar to the older pink one with a similar title?

It's basically a rewrite and expansion of the old book, "updated" for the modern era (including much more graphic, and in some people's opinions, inappropriate, discussions of sexual matters, molestation, etc.). Format-wise, it's a large paperback, pages the size of a Watchtower magazine, probably as thick as the Bible Stories book.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    the beautifully illustrated 256-page book Learn From the Great Teacher

I've heard this statement many times. "The beautifully illustrated book". Every f***ing book they put out seems to be beautifully illustrated. Many here have mentioned the horrid Armageddon picture in this book. I think what's more damaging is the content, especially the chapter that teaches children to be like a slave. That teaching has affected my whole life and has played a major part in my lack of confidence & ability to stand up for myself.

Heart-breaking things can and do happen when childern do not receive help until it is too late."

...and the WTS thinks it's exempt from contributing to these heart-breaking things? There was a lot of things I never got help with. Well, actually that isn't true. I got help, but the wrong kind. I got help for my depression and surpressed anger from the Watchtower publications which didn't help. The help also came from a hypocritical parent who would "let anger and bitterness and abusive speech" overcome her. Lessons from WT publications followed beatings

• metatron
    metatron

I've got a word for it:

Fraud - of the cruelest sort

If any of you lurkers think I'm being unreasonable in using this word, please consider. In many congregations

the percentage of loss of young Witnesses, thru df'ing or drifting away, is around 80-90%.

Witness parents ARE NOT TOLD THIS. It is hidden from them by the Society, which never admits just

how severe the situation is.

These parents will, for the most part, end up in tears when little Johnny "leaves the truth", never knowing

that they never really had a chance - and Watchtower authorities hid this from them.

That is cruelty -- and fraud

metatron

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

When the original Great Teacher book came out, it was a low cost, low quality, pseudo-children's book with (apparently) around 115 pictures. It was extremely lame.

Since then, the world has invented video games, home theatre, big screen TV, 200 channel cable, internet gaming, and on and on. In response to this onslaught of high quality, imaginitive entertainment, the society has responded by printing a low cost, low quality, pseudo-children's book with around 230 pictures. That's the answer - a few more pictures will keep em in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit