Some Highlights,page 9,2004 yb."Our Children.......

by Blueblades 14 Replies latest jw friends

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

You know, it's funny about the pictures with the question captions. When I was in the organization, I didn't think too much about them, but now that I think about it, they really have a growl to them, don't they? The effect of an image and a carefully worded question can be extremely menacing.

[ Picture of absurdly clean-cut blond caucasian high school student giving tract to almost-as-clean-cut worldly kid ]
    Do you make the time to put Jehovah first in your daily life?

Gives me the shivers now!

SNG

PS. Aaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh! Make it stop!

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    There have been some comments after the summer release of this publication on this forum,most of those comments expressed how this publication was not for the young ones

I do agree. I was told this was for children 2 and older. After I read it, there is no way I would just leave this book around for the kids to pick up and read. My mother, who is a witness, feels the same way. She is, her words,"appalled that they would print some of this stuff. This is not just about Jesus.What were they thinking?" and I wonder the same thing. What were they thinking.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Interesting question popped into my head while I was reading this thread.

Who, if anybody, in the Watchtower organization is qualified to write this? And what are those qualifications? I seriously doubt that they have anybody with, say, a PhD in early childhood development. Or family psychology, or anything else remotely related. This is why so much of what they write on these subjects is useless and/or dangerous.

My wife teaches kindergarten and goes to a lot of conferences. There has been a lot of research on brain development and how childrens minds grow. Sitting in boring meetings doesn't do it. If they want to keep the kids, they've got to change big time.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    Who, if anybody, in the Watchtower organization is qualified to write this?

Indeed.

I have often wondered who, if anybody, on their writing committee is qualified to string a sentence together. How can someone get a job writing for a publication with 25 million circulation, without having any sort of qualifications whatsoever?

On the other hand, what qualifications would be required? To spin out idiotic trash would not exactly require a phd. In fact, education or experience in writing or even thinking would pretty much disqualify a person.

• metatron
    metatron

You gotta be kidding. They have the Bible and don't need no stinkin' education/ degrees/experience/ whatever.

I've called Bethel with questions about Witness kids ( as an elder) and I was appalled at their ignorance.

They seem to think just praying about it covers it all.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit