No need for greed or hunger,
    A brotherhood of man,
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
    but Im not the only one,
    I hope some day you'll join us,
    And the world will live as one

Really easy words for Lennon to sing...but he either didn't believe them...or was a hypocrite like the rest of humanity...I'm sure he did a lot of dreamin from his Manhattan Condo while drugged out.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I wonder though, if the current political movement has siphoned off a few of those, and could it fall into the category known as religion?

SS

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    No you can't have a fucking autograph you pri..... - John Lennon's last words.
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel

This was not meant to be an expose on whether or not the philiosphy of the Beatles was right, only that some of their later music, together and individually reflects how many of us would like to live. And also, that if we "Let It Be", maybe things will work themselves out.

I am more interested in responses to the article about how the world really is changing in regard to how it views "religions". SS, I suppose any belief system that set someone or something up to be worshipped, could be viewed as a religion.

• Incubus
    Incubus

ouch!

expat...that's a bit harsh

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Not cool expat.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yerusalyim,

I agree with you. So many people in this world are hypocrites. A good example are the good "Christians" who preach of love and compassion on one hand but think nothing of killing others for selfish gains. It is too bad because what John is saying here is only a dream to many people. I do know a number of people that believe that of not belonging to any religion or belief system but living in harmony with each other. That is my belief or religion. We only live once and we come into this world with nothing. The most divine thing we can do is give back to this world by doing good to others.

Will

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    I am more interested in responses to the article about how the world really is changing in regard to how it views "religions". SS, I suppose any belief system that set someone or something up to be worshipped, could be viewed as a religion.

So true. I once heard it said that give it 1000 years from now, Elvis would be worshipped like Jesus.

Will

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Bah! John Lennon: a pathetic, dissipated, whining hypocrite babbling out of a drug-induced trance. Should have been shipped out to join his buddies back in the USSR.

Expatbrit

• Prudence
    Prudence

Sentinel,

I read the whole article and found it very interesting.

As for the Lennon bashing, it isn't the first time. I personally don't care if those doing the bashing like

him or the other Beatles etc.or not. I do, and that's all that matters to me. I'm not going to talk about what I think about the Beatles or John Lennon. I had to explain too much of my private life when I was in the Borg.

I'm going to "give peace a chance".

Love, Prudence

P.S. Merry Christmas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit