Maybe the Beatles were right......

by Sentinel 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I like to keep the artist and their personal life separate from my opinion of their music. I don't care who wrote a song, or what they did with their life, if I like the song I like the song. If the song has meaning to me, it has meaning to me. If the message is powerful, it's powerful.

• Simon
    Simon

Imagine is a very insightful piece of work.

Most of the problems in the world are caused by alliegences to government, religion or possessions. Without these perhaps people would live more in harmony.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The beatles went through a few belief systems. In the end, john renounced his belief in everything except himself [and yoko]. Just before he was killed, he was drug free, set to do a string of concerts that would go along w his opposition to the vietnam war. They were planned to end up at the political headquarters (republican, i believe), where there would be a big antiwar protest. If it went ahead, it would have given that war an even earlier setback.

It's true that lennon had a lot of anger still remaining from his youth. However, he wasn't a hypocrit. He was just getting back on track, when he was cut down. Paul was the sell out. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was govt interference in the beatles. They were a severe threat to intrenched hierarchies and their interests.

SS

• undercover
    undercover
    As for the Lennon bashing, it isn't the first time. I personally don't care if those doing the bashing like

him or the other Beatles etc.or not. I do, and that's all that matters to me. I'm not going to talk about what I think about the Beatles or John Lennon. I had to explain too much of my private life when I was in the Borg.

I'm going to "give peace a chance".

Love, Prudence

Dear Prudence,

Can you come out to play?

• TuningFork
    TuningFork

hmmmm....

Attitude is the key to anything we do and the key to how we react to what others say.

The only thing that I can do for some of the judgmental posts in here is to remember that my reaction is the only thing I can control.

Sentinel, your information was much appreciated. Apatheism is very much an attitude and the information that you shared, I'm sure, was with positive intent..... and very good information to "pay it forward".

Thanks.

TuningFork

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

(((Expatbrit)))--You are an Emperor. You should know that your choice of words won't change my opinion or anyone else's. But you are most welcome to spin.

(((Prudence))) Thanks for taking the time to read the article. I had trouble posting it and nearly gave up. Glad I didn't. So many times, "written words" really do hit home with me. I agree with you, that if we'd give peace a chance, it just might work.

Mysterious, I feel the same way you do about music apart from the artist. Guess that's why I can rarely remember the name of the artist, because it's the sound of the music, or the words of the music that stays in my heart. Music can give a very powerful message.

SS, in the end, who do we really have but ourselves? John learned that before he was killed. Some of us never learn that and depend upon the things that Simon mentioned, ie: governments, religion or possessions.

Undercover, Incubus, and Ahh, TuningFork, "paying it forward" can be challenging when we have negative and crass thoughts presented. I like good conversational exchange, and "overlook" the other stuff.

• greatteacher
    greatteacher

My favorite beatles songs are from when they were eating acid!

Also, I feel that the beatles took a big stand in the 1960's. I mean, they were the most popular band in the world and everyone knew they could influence millions of people, yet they admited to using and enjoying marijuana and lsd.
    It seems that a band from today with that much popularity remains neutral on everything, so as not to cause any backlash. For example, would Britney Spears promote esctasy?

(sorry for kind of changing the topic)

• mouthy
    mouthy

I don't care who wrote a song, or what they did with their life, if I like the song I like the song. If the song has meaning to me, it has meaning to me. If the message is powerful, it's powerful.!!!

You know something Mysterious...I LOVE the Wtower song!!!!! "LOYAL LOVE!!!"!Pity the WT dont practice it in MHO

• Prudence
    Prudence

undercover,

Dear Prudence , Can you come out to play?

Not right now,maybe some other day!

Prudence

• IronGland
    IronGland
    Most of the problems in the world are caused by alliegences to government, religion or possessions. Without these perhaps people would live more in harmony.

People will always organise into groups and the strong will always prey on the weak. Without government, it would be even worse. Forming communities with agreed upon laws and consequences and shared responsibility ultimately led to us not having to walk out of the cave and club a whooly mammoth for food. No government, no agriculture, no Industrial Revolution, no Playstation2, and the brits would still have bad teeth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit