Throwing out Old Watchtowers

by Okram 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• yxl1
    yxl1

Am I right in assuming JW's dont recycle? That is a shame.

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

I moved in August, 2001. Before leaving the area, I sent a DA letter to the body of elders. I had intended to leave the big box containing my literature on the back porch of the KH, but since that was inconvenient, I just chucked it into the nearest dumpster. I had left the organization with no intention to return a year and a half previously, and I felt not the slightest twinge of guilt about discarding the literature. Cruithne

• smurfy
    smurfy

My fiancee seemed to have a wonderful time throwing away his past especially being what it was!! Very soothing!!!

• Joker10
    Joker10

My parents won't throw them becuase they say they don't know when it will be needed when the great tribulation begins.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

This is what my son did with some old literature this past weekend. At a shooting range, of course. He doesn't want to get into trouble. lol

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    My parents won't throw them becuase they say they don't know when it will be needed when the great tribulation begins.

LOL! What are they gonna do with them when Armageddon comes? Build flaming-ball proof shelters?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LMAO... I guess they need them to convert all the newly resurrected people.

• blondie
    blondie

Some JWs hide literature in preparation for persecution. I can remember one family remodeling their house found a stash that the previous JW owner had hidden in the wall with a secret access door. You wonder why they didn't stash the Bible?

Blondie

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I had a large library from 1950 to present day of Watchtower mags.and 1970 to present day of Awake.They went the way of the shredder.I would not sell or give them away.I also destroyed many books printed by the WT.Society.I felt betrayed by them and so did what the book of Acts said to do,destroy them.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

One of the most dangerous fire hazards is an old house full of paper - like a lot of the older pioneers have. It goes up so quickly and produces a lot of smoke that suffocates you.

Especially when your meth lab explodes.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit