After Disassociation or Disfellowshipping, can u still pray or read bible?

by NaruNaruChan 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

NaruNaruChan... glad you're feeling better! It can be a hard transition to let go of everything that was pounded into you.

Double Edge... actually, Columbus based his conclusion on astronomical data and detailed research. So you could equally well say that he followed his head.

Seriously, I think that 'follow your heart' and 'follow your head' really mean the same thing: trust yourself, and do what makes sense to you.

Bradley, after all, is following his heart by being a materialistic rationalist.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    Re: After Disassociation or Disfellowshipping, can u still pray or read bible?

I was told when I was disfellowhipped that there was no reason for me to pray, because Jehovah would no longer be listening to my prayers.

Lisa

• freelife
    freelife

I am a bitter person to religon now. it is hard to accept religous beliefs after our minds have been raped by a org. that wants to control every aspect of a persons life. i feel lied to and used. Now i have a very hard time accepting god in any form. I am now into trying to straighten out my own mind. After i do that then maybe i can accept god into my life. Until then though i feel that have to make up for almost 26 years of being lied to.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    I am a bitter person to religon now. it is hard to accept religous beliefs after our minds have been raped by a org. that wants to control every aspect of a persons life. i feel lied to and used. Now i have a very hard time accepting god in any form. I am now into trying to straighten out my own mind. After i do that then maybe i can accept god into my life. Until then though i feel that have to make up for almost 26 years of being lied to.

That's why I found it important to find beliefs that were open and on my own terms, not just more "set" beliefs that one is required to ascribe to in many of the world's religions. I tend to think of myself more in terms of being spiritual than being religious. I also try to remind myself that not having all the answers is okay, something no witness in their right mind would ever accept. With them it was a case of having an answer for everything even if it was wrong..just so as to have an answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit