Blood Type and Personality

by Mysterious 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

The other day dad was telling me about how the WTS used to say that the personality was in the blood. Today mom brought home the latest magazines (didn't look at the date) and in the "In our next issue" box there is an article asking if our blood type determines our personality. Maybe they're going to revisit the issue, I understand they never retracted their previous view on the subject.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

oooooh, sounds suspiciously close to astrology to me! they better watch out!

Gretchen

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I just searched the web to see if I could find anything. Now mind you I have not read the WT article, nor do I know what angle they will take. Though if I had to guess I'd say they would say blood type does not determine personality and everyone should cultivate the Christ-like personality.

Anyway found this from http://www.cascadebloodcenters.org/fyi/002.htm

Your Blood Type Personality

According to Japanese researchers, certain personality traits correlate to specific blood types. What do YOU think?

TYPE O You want to be a leader, and when you see something you want, you keep striving until you achieve your goal. You are a trendsetter, loyal, passionate and self-confident. Your weaknesses include vanity, jealousy and a tendency to be too competitive.

TYPE A You like harmony, peace and organization. You work well with others and are sensitive, patient and affectionate. Among your weaknesses are stubbornness and an inability to relax.

TYPE B You're a rugged individualist who's straightforward and likes to do things your own way. Creative and flexible, you adapt easily to any situation. However, your insistence on being independent can sometimes go too far and become a weakness.

TYPE AB Cool and controlled, you're generally well-liked and always put people at ease. You're a natural entertainer who's tactful and fair. But you're sometimes standoffish, blunt and have difficulty making decisions.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I remember an elder talking about the son he has that got a blood transfusion. He blamed the blood for his son becoming a criminal. Said he got bad blood and it's cost him everything.

Oh well.........

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Hmm yeah I'm sure that was in a Watchtower

25 Are idolatry and fornication damaging to the Christian personality? Disastrously so! So too is the taking in of blood, whether through blood foods or blood transfusions, for the Christian governing body has included this in the same category as the other evils. Moreover, recent medical research has indicated in a realistic way how blood transfusions may damage the individual?s personality. According to one authority: "The blood in any person is in reality the person himself. It contains all the peculiarities of the individual from whence it comes. This includes hereditary taints, disease susceptibilities, poisons due to personal living, eating and drinking habits." Transfusing blood, then, may amount to transfusing tainted personality traits. How great the danger may become if the blood is taken from blood banks to which criminals and other derelicts of society have contributed! Wisely and in faithfulness the Creator of man guarded against this, and other harmful consequences, by his law forbidding blood.?Lev. 17:11-14.

"The Faithful Creator" Watchtower 1962

Might as well post a few other notable quotes. If Poztate ever gets here I'm sure he has better ones.

37 Each one of us makes his own record with God. That record represents you! It tells of your personality. Your personality does not altogether depend upon your physical body. Because of the continual wearing out and repairing of the tissues and organs of our bodies we get a completely new body every seven years or so. Yet our personality remains as an identification of our being the same person. Even our personalities can change, not because our bodies are renewed, but because God?s holy spirit or transforming force acts upon us. Each one develops his own personality pattern, and this is stored up in each one?s brain, also in the blood to some extent. The seat of intelligence, of thought, of memory, or consciousness and of personality is not some pagan Greek idea of a soul or psykhé. Pagans argue that a soul resides in each of us and is the seat of intelligence and personality; but we know that if the physical brain is damaged in anyone, he loses his intelligence or sanity and no so-called soul inside him keeps him intelligent, sane or possessed of memory and thinking ability. This disproves the pagan theory of an immortal soul as the seat of life and thought.

"Identifying the Ressurected" Watchtower 1963

Blood Tells All? Forensic (criminal) medicine may soon ?make it possible to reconstruct the personality image of every person who leaves behind a bloodstain,? according to English criminologists who spoke at a meeting of the International Juridic Scientists in Zürich, Switzerland. As reported in the German newspaper "Die Welt," researchers have found that each person?s blood carries a great variety of disease antibodies accumulated throughout life that mark the blood of that person as distinct from all others. "It is today accepted that every person has his own specific type of blood with which no other blood can compare exactly," notes the paper. Information about where a person has lived, his approximate age, his allergies, even something about his occupation and sexual habits, is coming within the scope of blood analysis. "In short there seem to be no limits to the possibilities of reconstructing a ?recognizable? person together with his life?s history and his environment," the article concludes. Truly it can be said that, in more ways than one, "the life of every living creature is the blood."?Lev. 17:11, 14, "New English Bible."

Watchtower 1976

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hey Mysterious ,

How about this famous quote from god's only true spokesman on earth.

"The blood in any person is in reality the person himself. ... poisons

due to personal living, eating and drinking habits ... The poisons

that produce the impulse to commit suicide, murder, or steal are in

the blood. Moral insanity, sexual perversions, repression,

inferiority complexes, petty crimes - these often follow in the

wake of blood transfusion." Watchtower 9/15/61 page 564

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I knew you'd have a good quote Poztate, tell me do you think the society would then condone me getting a blood transfusion so I could change and live a heterosexual lifestyle?

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hey Mysterious,

There is new light coming out every day.They might start to think blood transfusions were good for you if it meant that you could infuse a christ like (read dub)personality into you.Who knows...It might just change you into a fanatic JW heterosexual.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Perhaps this would lead to new light on being "washed clean in the blood of the lamb" obviously all we need is a bit of blood exhibiting Christ-like qualities, that would make us over quite nicely.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm not sure JWs are the only ones who believe this theory. I had a transfusion when I was 14 and my personality definitely changed. Was it the transfusion or was it something else including being a teenager with an emerging sense of my own opinions, etc? It's an interesting topic. I'd like to know if there is research in science about this. Like you quoted though, JWs thought everyone's blood unique.

Heather

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit