Blood Type and Personality

by Mysterious 16 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Rayzorblade: Is rh A negative .

The rh factor, for what is worth, is a very important factor when it comes to heterosexual couples who may plan on having a family.

Scully: of the same rh factor, can tell you.

It's not to be taken lightly.

The Japanese 'blood type' notion, has been around for a while, ever since the 'blood typing' mechanism came into place.

But it did not take into effect the rh positive versus rh negative factors; which in Asia, is incredibly rare.
    (having lived in SE Asia for an extended period of time)

Good thread!

• wednesday
    wednesday

actually a number of people believe this. and their may be some truth to it.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

For what its worth, I went to a doctor who turned out to believe in the blood type diet. Based on various things, she confidently assured me I am a type O. According to the American Red Cross, I'm an A negative. Who do you think I should believe?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am A negative. When I was 14 I was given a blood transfusion that was not crossmatched properly. They can give you positive blood the first time but then it sensatizes you to positive blood then on and you can never have it again. I was also not crossmatched properly for three of the other eight factors. Now I am considered a crossmatch "problem". This was 1972 and I am not sure rhogam was an option.

I wasn't told about this missmatch until I went into have prenatal bloodwork done for my first baby in 1978. By then I was a JW. I had nightmarish problems facing the blood issue that first go around with procedures and the doctors. My daughter was "mildly" ill.

The second baby, my son, I didn't have a lot of problems with the doctors but I did with my baby. I had no clue he was so ill until a few hours after his birth. He ended up in neonatal intensive care and no blood exchange was done.

The result? Both of my children have severe learning disabilities and emotional problems. They have high IQs but have many struggles in life due to their infant RH hemolitic disease. It was explained to me at the time that bilirubin spills over into the brain at some point and dyes the tissue. It can cause brain damage but the doctors aren't sure at what point the bilirubin level becomes dangerous. Well for my children the answer is the bilirubin level didn't have to be that high. For my daughter it was 15 and for my son it was 21. He was the color of pumpkin though by that point. The doctors will exchange transfuse a newborn when the level hits 20. My son was severely anemic for over three months due to my antibodies being still active in his system.

I am left wondering if I had allowed my children to be treated for the Rh disease if they would function better and many nightmares would have been avoided. Is this just one more way the WTBTS has hurt my family? I tend to think so.

Sorry that this seems a bit off topic. In an indirect way blood types did affect the personalities and lives of my children. It still affects our lives.

I am probably too old to have any more children but if I did it would pretty much have to be with an A negative father for the baby to have half a chance. I don't know if my current love is negative or positive.

Heather

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Man, I lived in Japan for a year, and lemme tell ya, those guys are crazy about blood types. It's like on the top 5 things you first ask someone you're interested in. I hate to say it, but I'm almost looking forward to that WT article just to have the satisfaction of imagining at least the Witnesses finally shutting up about the ****ing blood types! Jesus!

Someone please post when the article comes out, I seriously want to know what it says.

SNG

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Flying High Now, I think I know what you are talking about.

For those of us whom are rh negative, even if we are (for example) transfused with blood of the same type, but of the RH Positive type, we develop a permanent immune reaction, that is worse for women than it is for men.

Oddly enough, as rh negative persons, we can give to RH Positive persons, without problem; vice-versa, we're in trouble. Same blood type, and of course, no agglutination, but it can cause a very peculiar reaction, and with women, an immune response that is scary if they should consider having children.

It's good to know your blood type, anyways.

You don't want a transfusion: fine. But if you are considering a family, you SHOULD find this out ahead of time. Yes, it is very important.

It's neat to find out, and when you have an opportunity, check out the countless websites on-line about blood types, world wide distribution and frequency within various regions.

The RH factor is found among approximately 85% of the world population.

Thanks for sharing that information FHN. I'm saddened to read that because of previous mix-ups many years ago, as a result because of the blood sensitivity, it has affected your children.

Blood typing: Extremely important, I cannot stress that enough.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Thanks for sharing that information FHN. I'm saddened to read that because of previous mix-ups many years ago, as a result because of the blood sensitivity, it has affected your children.

Thank you, Rayzor, it's a shadow we will live with the rest of our lives. It's more than nice that you understand. I have to live with the knowledge that if I had not been a JW my children might have been treated for RH hemolitic disease much earlier and been spared the resulting disabilities and pain. I feel deep regret about it, but what can I do? They don't hold it against me. My son told me the other day when I apologized that they never had Christmas, "Mom, you apologize to your children for beating, molesting or mistreating them. You don't apologize for choosing a ruthless religion in innocence."

Heather

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit