What JWs do right, and what they do wrong.

by pleaseresearch 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

So tonight I'm going to be having a chat with my brother and hes asked me what my thought are on the above question.

I could be wrong with what Im about to say but I do think the door to door ministry is one thing they are doing right. I think the cart work on the other hand is wrong. Just today I saw two sisters sat next to their cart with people going by. But next to them was a man who had set up a table and stand and was speaking to the people, some were listening some were walking past. But he to me was more Christ like than the sisters.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They say that they are speaking for God by means of Holy Spirit direction, but the message they provide is constantly wrong.

Who got it wrong? God? The Holy Spirit? Or, are they just deluded liars?

They say that a person should examine the religion and be able to change without punishment. But when a JW does this and decides to leave, they shun them.

• Onager
    Onager

You could say that door to door ministry was right, but surely that would only be correct if the message was true. Door to door ministry that teaches a message that is false is less Christ-like than doing nothing at all.

Jehovah's Witnesses are based on a lie, led by people who lie and who have a message which contains lies. To be at all Christ-like you cannot have anything to do with the JW's.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    pleasey -
    What JWs do right, and what they do wrong.

If this is 'based on the bible™', my immediate problem would be, 'how do you interpret the bible? It's different fro each bunch of snake handling weirdos and miscellaneous christian sects.'

Right things is that most jobos are fairly law abiding and peaceful.

Wrong things............................oh, boy. Where to start?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I don’t think they are “right“ by using the door to door ministry. Before the telephone, the radio and television, giving an urgent warning of imminent destruction ( think tornado or hurricane) by knocking door-to-door may have been effective. Not today. Especially when 50% of that time is spent sitting at McDonald’s or Starbucks.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The Governing body should THEMSELVES go to countries hostile to Christianity and preach....you know....like they claim Jonah did.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Cart work is a sham. Locally I've seen 4 witnesses stationed with a cart ,milling around each other to give the illusion that there is something of interest for genuine members of the public to ' investigate'...No doubt hours are counted..but what a shame compared to what it once meant to be engaged in the ministry...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Door to door fieldservice is not biblical.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

So the creator of the universe has the most urgent message ever in the history of mankind, and the best way to do this is to send JWs to knock on people's doors?

I have been at my current address for 6 years now, and only once did JWs knock on my door......how thorough and effective.

One has to wonder how much door knocking JWs are doing in places such as China, India, Iran, Pakistan, which hold most of the world's population.... my guess would be zero. The creator of the entire universe, cannot figure out a way to reach those people effectively.

What horse shit..

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

There was youtube interview of John Cedars and James Penton a few months ago. Mr Penton explained wonderfully how Door to Door field service is not biblical in studying Acts 20:20.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit