burning another bridge

by enoughisenough 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I feel like I am burning another "friend" bridge. I just can't seem to keep the lies the WT prints to myself! i don't know how the PIMO do it! So I got a message of angry face and being told person didn't want me sending anything more. The offense was the picture from the WT that didn't have Jesus in it. Person says Jesus isn't part of God's earthly organization and I don't know how that works if Jesus in the "head" of the congregations. I hat to lose friends, but are they really friends if you can't share with them what is important? It soon becomes you have nothing really in common with them.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Sorry eie, but it is almost impossible to shake JWs out of their tree like almonds. From my experience, they either leave on their own or they don't leave at all.

My old friends and family shun me and I never sent them anything to expose WTC. I was never DF'd or DA'd but the result is the same - they hate me and I have no respect for them. Truthfully, the shunning made it easier to complete my fade and stay out. I see them for what they really are, and I will never go back. I have a new set of friends now and I am happier than I have ever been. And, I have no illusions that I can keep any old friends who are still in.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

ThomasMore, I know that sooner or later, they will be a loss...sooner or later, they will figure out I have left the JW or someone will tell them...In the meantime, I have tried to point to the lies! I left on my own, but I do appreciate that there are ex JW out here trying to help others cope and reinforce their decision to walk away, letting them know they aren't crazy or alone.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

eie - I hope you didn't think I was criticizing your efforts. You are right that factual information can help those who are already questioning or on the fence. As for fully indoctrinated PIMIs, I think it is very very rare to see them swayed because they assume eveything contrary to WTC is apostate driven lies.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH:

As Thomas More has said: you cannot hope to make fully PIMI JWs see the sense of anything you say!

A personal rude awakening has to happen to these Witnesses in order for them to wake up! And even then, it’s a personal journey that nobody else can do for them. I learned this because I tried, in vain, to tell Witness friends/associates what I went through in the religion with the shunning/criticism because of my career.

These JWs weren’t swayed because of what I went through!.. I got two types of responses: some admitted that what I experienced was unjust and they were affected themselves.. The second type of response indicated that other JWs were not really sympathetic - almost like it wasn’t really ‘important’ what happened to me in my life!! This was a real eye-opener and I was glad I followed my gut all those years ago!

I feel it isn’t my problem if people want to stay in the religion. I’m just Glad I got the hell out.

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

After many reflections I have come to the conclusion that I am not interested in demolishing the castle of certainties that others have, it is a bit like destroying the sand castle that a child builds on the beach, a useless act of arrogance: let the "children" play with their certainties, some will grow up as you did and will understand for themselves, in due course, how things are. Others will remain perpetually in this state of childishness, simply because psychologically some human beings need some sort of containing walls that give them a certain amount of security, destroying that world will only bring hatred towards you. If you want to gain someone's trust and respect, there are other ways that are much higher and more satisfying

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I am appreciating the fine comments here! No ThomasMore, I didn't think you critical. I think most of us on this forum have come to learn the waste of time, money, and energy we expended for WT. I don't consider it all a waste, but the most of it...and I have a story ( book actually ) I could write about how in the end my life and my best friend's life was turned upside down because we thought what the JW taught was correct and didn't want to become adversely judged. It literally resulted in me being homeless for a short spell. So I would love to see people free from the hypocrisy.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

It would take a "personal awakening " to get a Jw to figure out that they had been fed crap for years. Someday they will be sitting at a meeting or something and something is said just does not jive anymore. Or the Brotherhood shows it's true colors to them. How they wasted their life for nothing. A Hard wake up call.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

To PIMI's, I call it the ''sunk cost fallacy''.

It's an emotional investment to them. To think they've given decades of their lives to the Borg to find out it's a 'lie', is just too much for them to cope with.

• hoser
    hoser

Long Hair Gal:

“The second type of response indicated that other JWs were not really sympathetic - almost like it wasn’t really ‘important’ what happened to me in my life!! This was a real eye-opener and I was glad I followed my gut all those years ago!”

The witnesses that reacted this way probably experience being a witnesses different than you and I do. If you are not well connected in the Jehovah’s Witness religion you are treated like garbage.

You as a single woman were near the bottom of the jw social caste system. Myself, as a child of financially poor, low hour publishers was also near the bottom but I’d be slightly higher than you because of my gender.

Life is like this as humans inside and outside the “truth” like to make social distinctions among themselves. The far majority of people are hypocrites treating some people good and some people bad based on their perception

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit