International convention Utrecht this weekend

by Gorbatchov 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Lv101 what do you mean?

G.

• asp59
    asp59
    Easy to make a convention abouth love. Just focus talks on that. Apply that in org or in KHs, not gonna happen.
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

Gorby ,can you give us any idea of the age range of those who were dunked ? 250 of them ?

I wonder too if it was mainly family of those already in and have been spruiked by what has happened in places like Russia ,etc.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

What they told that for 2019 so farin The Netherlands these are 600 baptisers, the highest level in 11 years.

G.

• LV101
    LV101

Gorby - Check under topic here, (new post/yesterday), "Brothers Saying PIMO Things in Talks" by APieceOfShitNamedTate. Sorry about any confusion.

"600 baptizers," for real! What's that about?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

LV a peak in baptism this year in NL.

G.

• fulano
    fulano

So how do they handle all those baby’s in the theocratic pool?

• sir82
    sir82

The US conventions had a really heavy talk on Friday afternoon about how disfellowshipping is a "loving arrangement". They must have had the same outline there - how did that talk go? Seems really hard to reconcile the theme of "you must shun even your closest family if they stop believing what we tell you to believe" with "love never fails".

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I would like to have been there. I like big events.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder how many people get baptized at regional/international conventions compared to those at circuit assemblies (special days)? I would think it might be more than at smaller events.

I know of jws that waited to get baptized at the big convention and even were encouraged to do so by elders because it had a bigger impact on the PR info. I remember some being told to get baptized at the B rather than the A side of the circuit, because no one was scheduled or planning to get baptized at the B side.

So the number of baptisms at the summer assemblies is not a good indicator of the number of yearly baptisms. Of course, does the WTS even provide yearly counts of those baptized with the YB no longer being printed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit