Two biggest issues for Watchtower right now

by Teddnzo 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Vidiot, the old threat was veiled in the distorted bible verse "Where would we go?", that JWs were the only support network, and that being cut off from them was the ruination of a JW's life. I wonder when "critical mass" was/will be reached, when the number of exes potentially providing support is enough to counterbalance the WT 's pull and influence.

Desirous, unfortunately, the courts can be slow too. There's a bit of a "how long?" factor there, too, sad to say. Fortunately, governments are beginning to wake up to the organisation's abuses.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I’d rather the courts take their time and get it right then quickly come to a knee-jerk decision that runs the risk of being overturned down the road.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

It's always tempting to want the government to go in hard to punish and stop abuses. The trouble is that you can create more problems. A lot of freedoms could be jeopardised, such as freedom of religion, freedom of association, freedom of speech, etc.

I bet that the German branch of the JWs wasn't rife with CSA cases from 1933-1945...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit