Two biggest issues for Watchtower right now

by Teddnzo 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt
    "When we arrived at the Kingdom Hall, he turned on his laptop and joined a Zoom meeting where other Elders were. We had a prayer, read a Bible verse from Proverbs 28:13. Then they explained that the purpose of our meeting was to find out what was happening with my Bethel account."

How telling that the verse they read was:

"The one covering over his transgressions will not succeed,

But whoever confesses and abandons them will be shown mercy."

The WTBT$ is the one guilty of trying to "cover over transgressions", and then they harass the faithful Bethelite person WarWick PIMO who Jehovah sent to expose them.

These WTBT$ dudes are so totally about to get fried!😂

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Just revisiting this thread after the announcements at the Annual Meeting. There's speculation that Tony Morris was removed because he was too hardline and old school to approve of the changes regarding counting hours and the change that allows for last minute repentance during the GT. Could his removal be more to do with boring bureaucracy than the more exciting reasons that have been speculated about?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Somebody knows. We'll find out eventually. "There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed."

The fact that he basically accepted a bribe tells me that he is still in cahoots with their shenanigans.

The fact that they didn't send him away completely tells me that they also are not concerned with "keeping the organization clean" (which we already knew, of course) - they are concerned with keeping skeletons in the closet.

Jehovah will expose all of it in time. Probably sooner than we think.😉

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

The courts will certainly expose it all, especially if the WT collapses under the weight of the CSA payouts.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They supposedly brought in legal and financial advisors a little while back, who suggested a number of things the Old Guard didn’t like hearing, regardless of whether or not they were things that the Org needed to do to stay solvent.

Ten bucks says a lot of the things they were advised to do involved - for all intents and purposes - mainstream reform.

If they need a supermajority vote to change something significant, and one or two of the Old Guard “nay”, putting one out to pasture before attempting said reforms would have definitely been on the table…

…and I’m not a big believer in coincidence.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

It's kind of sad. They fought tooth and nail, under the banner of religious freedom, to retain the right to be utter arseholes. And yet, a bit of pressure and suddenly they're all a "kinder, gentler" high control organisation. 🙄 They're a pathetic shadow of their former nasty selves. Still nasty, just slightly less so. Kind of like beating the slaves three times a day, instead of five times as they did in the "good old days".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Someone on the GB finally figured out that a hard line puts people off more than it keeps ‘em in line.

😏

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Seriously, though, I just thought of something else…

…back during Jaracz’s regime, disfellowshipping was practically a death sentence. Just about everyone I knew feared the prospect (to varying degrees), and the ever-present threat of an iron fist in the velvet glove was usually enough to keep the rank-and-file toeing the line.

These days, though?

The internet is directly responsible for creating a global community of XJWs that never existed before, and it’s pretty obvious by now that the fakers, faders, and fence-sitters know there’s an actual functioning safety-net out there (not to mention all the anecdotal evidence we hear about still-ins who nevertheless bend the rules and keep in touch with XJW friends and family).

Which suggests that the threat of being ostracized might not actually carry the weight it once did…

…and more importantly, the GB knows it.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Vidiot you are right and bear in mind the recent update in the Elders book that says if the publisher says that a judicial committee would make them feel suicidal then it should not happen until they don’t feel that anymore

so someone can avoid being dis fellowship led by just saying it would make them suicidal

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Jehovah will expose all of it in time. ~ EasyPrompt
    The courts will certainly expose it all ~ NotFormer

Based on Habakkuk 1:2-4, I think we'd better bet on the Courts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit