Any atheists here? Have you come to terms with your new reality?

by kpop 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'm an atheist from starting out as being a devout JWs to being an agnostic

Why ? because I believe its more important to deal with reality to the best of are abilities, to improve the human experience for humanity.

Some people think its better to let ancient mythological beliefs guide their lives and its appropriate for all humanity to do so as well.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It takes awhile and in my case I had to study and research and become convinced that the Bible is just a book and so are the other holy books around the world. I'm with Marcus!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Some people think its better to let ancient mythological beliefs guide their lives and its appropriate for all humanity to do so as well."

I wonder why ? Their Credo has been around for 2000 years or more as the driving force.

What kind of world has it produced ?

Atheistic Humanism is new as a major Credo, and is still espoused by very few Globally, but why not give it a chance ?

You don't get Humanist Jihadists, or Humanist Terrorists.

It has to be a better way.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes there are a few atheists here although they can be hard to spot because they're so quiet and mild mannered. (By the way I consider myself a sort of soft atheist)

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Im one - I am having a very hard time adjusting to the reality though.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Figuring out that God isn't there was almost as mind-blowing as figuring out that "The Truth" was all lies.

But processing the facts and the philosophies helped. Live as if this life is all there is, because it is.

Enjoy people in your life.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

You're an atheist!!! Ohh, that it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Aq00yJSxo

• zeb
    zeb

episode 2?

• Half banana
    Half banana

I think that the scariest thing in the world would be if there were a real living god.

Thank God there isn't!

Clearly as JW membership demonstrates; paradise remains a seductive alternative world designed for those prepared to ditch reason for investing in a salesman’s dream.

No one has ever claimed or could ever claim the prize of immortality. Laid out on the dissecting table under the light of reason; the idea soon looks like what it is; a fairy tale belief.

For those who worship an invisible and unknowable spirit, it is a comforting thought that this troublesome life is only temporary. Sorry folks, this troublesome life is actually all there is................

So in a spirit of human kindness, get on and make the very best of it!

• kpop
    kpop

So many interesting responses here. For me, accepting that there is no personal God was not only easy but very enlightening. Suddenly you can see the world in another light, you can see how humans evolved with religion and better understand how to deal with them. I do believe that religion is both a blessing and a curse for the human race but most people today will never be able to accept that there is no God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit