"we would never deliberately distort a quotation"

by ttdtt 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

OMG My head exploded!

In this months broadcast - Splian goes off on how much care the WT in making sure its facts are correct, and how they make sure their quotes are not taking from people who have a bad reputation or have an agenda.

AND that the make sure its always in context!

They are such liars!

There is NO WAY they do the what they say, I see misquotes almost EVERY time they quote a scientist!!!!!
    That was one of the things that made me Wake UP!!

Starts after the 1st minute!

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/WebHomeSlider/pub-jwb_201711_1_VIDEO

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They meant to say, "We would never deliberately get caught being dishonest."

DD

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

What were they thinking when they wrote the Reasoning Book? It is FULL of misquotes and quotes taken out of context.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Maybe they have had to settle a few law suits with their past misquoting adventures. I don't remember the particular, but a few years , it was discussed here how one prominent scientist made it public about being misquoted in a JW publication. It might have been Isaac Azimov..

• Outahere
    Outahere

"we would never deliberately distort a quotation"

Then they're incompetent. They've made a long history of distorting quotations to falsely support a point.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Rama Singh comes to mind. He protested Watchtower quoting him dishonest and out of context.

http://avoidjw.org/en/suppressed-knowledge/truncating-singh/

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Image result for koolaid

But JWs will lap it up!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Wasn't it utterly unbelievable, apparently they go through each piece many Times to ensure all the facts are correct, firstly, and also not quoted out of context AND TO MAKE SURE INFORMATION IS PRESENTED AS THE AUTHOR INTENDED.

Literally everything they said they don't do, they actually DO.

I kept watching in amazement thinking...are these people liers, are they deluded, are they captive PIMO or are they stupid?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Whovever says WT doesn't lie and twist information deliberately is either enamored by them or an idiot.

• Moster
    Moster

What were they thinking when they wrote the Reasoning Book? It is FULL of misquotes and quotes taken out of context.

they were thinking no one would check....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit