Dating question from a bible student

by Biblestudent1 25 Replies latest social relationships

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Hi B.S. Welcome.

As a JW B.S., expect to be fed B.S.

You are very fortunate to have come here and met others who've been through the JW minefield.

Regain control of your life very quickly.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Hi Biblestudent1,

welcome here.

Please look at this video. You can see, what will happen, if the girl will meet you again.

Starts at Minute 3:41:

https://youtu.be/CO_j2vUrBm0?t=222

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

"as young as 8 years old"

CORRECTION

"as young as 6 years old"

There are no less than two instances found in their yearbooks

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Sorry, I didn't know they baited 6-year-olds to take the dunk. The youngest knew was 8.

• blondie
    blondie

First, a baptized jw will be advised by the elders that they should not date an unbaptized (jw) person. If they do, the elders can have a "marking" talk given (without a name being said) telling baptized jws not to associate socially with that person. I can understand why she wanted to keep it secret. There are so few eligible single baptized jw brothers, that some sisters try to let newly interested single men know what is available should they get baptized.

Second, your teachers will advise you not to date a jw while you are in transition while you are studying since you are not baptized yet (they will discourage you from dating a non-jw as well)

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

I’m surprised this couple studying with you never warned you not to read any website about JWs other than jw.org. They know once a person does that, they quit studying. If you tell them you’ve done any of this research, they’ll tell you Satan is like a roaring lion and he’s sunk his teeth into you already.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

And your Bible Study conductor will be concerned if you miss one meeting. Doesn’t sound like a big deal, but for the indoctrination process to work, you must not have any breaks or downtime to think things through.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

To the OP:

I won't repeat what you already have been told. I will however, advise you to steer clear of this "religion" because in reality they are a cult pretending to be a religion.

Go to jwfacts.com to get the full story on these wackos. Most of the evidence presented will be coming from their own literature.

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves

Most likely the reason why the rule was never made known to you was because your Bible Study Conductors never envisioned that someone from their congregation would seek anything from their Bible Study Student.

Jehovah's Witnesses can not date someone who is not a Jehovah's Witness.

There are a lot of rules that will not be made known to you. You will come to know of these rules as you progress in your studies. The more that you progress, the deeper that you will sink into the religion becoming difficult to leave even if you wanted too.

You are saying that the girl's response was a, "Crock of sh*t." Jehovah's Witnesses are taught not to lie and even a white lie is a lie. Therefore, she committed sin when she lied to you.

As a Jehovah's Witness, you can not miss meetings. The only time that you are allowed to miss meetings is for a dire situation, such as being hospitalized. Therefore, not attending the meeting because, "You were feeling down" is not an excuse and is not looked favorably. If your Bible Study Conductors were to become aware of why you missed the meeting, they will say that Satan has gotten to you. I would just tell them that I was not feeling well and that would be the truth. You were not feeling well. Do not be stupid in being honest with the Jehovah's Witness organization. The Jehovah's Witness organization has lied countless times. Therefore, there is no reason why you should be honest with them. Someone on this page stated that Jehovah's Witnesses are not worthy enough to know his beliefs and I say the same thing to you.

If you are feeling suffocated, this is only the beginning. It will get worse. Jehovah's Witness is a religion where you are stripped of who you are and everything that you are. You are to put Jehovah first.

You stated that, "You are going to lodge your vacation time." That sounds like a very good idea. Go on vacation. Let your Bible Study Conductors know that you are going to be going on an extended vacation that will last several weeks and never call them again. Ignore their calls when they call you.

Don't be fooled by your Bible Study Conductors. They are not your friends.

• Giordano
    Giordano

To get rid of your bible study tell them you are exploring the Mormon religion or if you want to drive a stake into their heart......... Scientology........ lol.

On the other hand do remember that the ones who have active bible studies are often the most personable. They may be true believers or just soaking up the respect they get from the congregation.

The idea of visiting jwfacts.com is excellent because it's all documented through quotes directly from the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Start with Flip Flops.

On a more serious note understand that this is a death cult. Yes that sounds far fetched but consider the following: They believe only JW's will survive Armageddon they will deny that but it's clearly documented. How many innocent billions have to die to make this claim true.

On a more personnel note Google Pictures of Jonestown to understand what that looks like. After you have seen these wonderful people, entire families........ dead in a field....... over nine hundred of them including over three hundred children. All because of their beliefs..............Understand that many or a lot more......... JW's who believe in the Ban on a life saving blood transfusion.......... die each and every year.

Look....... don't get me wrong......... they can be really nice people but not when you question them. It's a high control religion that values obedience as much as faith.......it is reckless with the health, welfare and lives of it's followers.

The least income, the least higher education, Most deaths re the ban on blood. Shunning is a bitch...there are over a hundred reason's to shun a person. Shunning is a life time punishment if you don't repent and crawl back. Look up Disfellowshiping on jwfacts.com scroll down to reasons to be disfellowshiped and see what you think of those reasons.

You are lucky to have found us we are one of many sites for ex JW's. There are reasons we are ex JW's and it's not because all of us sinned it's because we thought about this religion and discovered the Truth about the Truth.

Hang around.......... we've got your back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit