Are these PETA people nuts?

by Thunder Rider 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

The link below is to the PETA sight and a page aimed at kids. I heard about it on the radio yesterday, but didn't believe it to be true.

I'm all for treating animals humanely but if this is what happens to your judgement when you cut all meat out of your diet, then I'mgoing out for a burger.

Anyone wanna join me?

Thunder

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Peanut people are nuts too!

• gumby
    gumby
    The fact is, milk can cause impotence by clogging the arteries and slowing down the blood flow to all organs, and hardening of the arteries can make it a blue, blue Christmas for the 18 million American men who suffer from erectile disfunction.

The above quote is from the link you provided.

All I know is.....I drink lots of milk.......and it doesn't stop my little friend from rising UP in the mornings when I have to pee bad.

Gumby

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals

Sorry, but I had to go there.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

One of my roomies is a PETA whacko. She's a smart articulate person but she's gone off the deep end on this one. She freaks over everything animal these days. Since she gets lots of grief from everyone else I've been supportive of her, to a certain extent.

I will wear pleature instead of leather whenever possible to make her smile. Since I usually run around in jeans and T's with tennies it isn't difficult.

But I will not go vegetarian for the sake of a friend. In fact I see eggs and bacon on the plate this morning. But I'll have toast too so at least that part should please her. Some days grapenuts doesn't get it.

• patio34
    patio34

I don't know if the PETA people are nuts, but they have a lot of valid points about the mistreatment and cruelty to animals that are raised for food. This has been widely reported on from many sources.

I eat meat only about once or twice a month, so I'm not a vegetarian. I mostly refrain for health reasons (I've had cancer once already), but any benefits to the animals I'm happy about too. I do eat dairy everyday because I have a very limited diet (because of said cancer).

It's not far-fetched about the artery-clogging properties of saturated fats causing erectile dysfunction, Gumby. It doesn't happen, I don't think, until it starts causing problems everywhere else, especially the heart. Scoff if you will, since you may be young, but it won't be that funny to be "limp" when you're middle-aged or you have your first heart attack.

It's too polarized to say that if the PETA people are nuts, then it must be healthy to eat meat. There is a medium ground.

Pat

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

After reading that web page, I think I'll invite my local PETA chapter over for a barbecue.

• tink
    tink

good post, patio. PETA's a little....militant, i guess, but it's the delivery of their message i object to, not the message itself. they do bring up some valid points.

tink

vegan class

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I admire anyone who can maintain a vegan or vegetarian diet. I can't. Wish I could, but soon I hear the siren song of a slab of dead cow between two pieces of bread.

This PETA campaign reminds me of a few years ago when they targeted milk for children and said the kids should drink beer instead.

PETA is the classic case of people seeing the entire world through one issue. In my humble opinion, some of those folks should get good and drunk, it might loosen them up a bit. Right now they're so tightly wound if they swallowed a lump of coal they'd poop a diamond.

• tink
    tink

right on, tex. i admire anyone who can maintain a carnivorous diet. no, i do! i don't know how y'all do it.....eating carcasses day after day....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit