Elder School Video

by dontfitin 14 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I hope that manipulative worldly woman has a good lawyer. Perhaps the elders will be willing to participate in paying the child support.
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

A - f'ing - men NewYork44M.

This video encourages a father to be to run from his responsibilities. It takes two to make a baby. The elders care about appearances ONLY. UGH it is disgusting and absurd to continuously blame this mans girlfriend, as somehow evil and manipulative in "worldly ways", ( because that IS what she is) for HIS conscious decisions.

So much dodging of responsibilities, so much damaging control of other peoples life long decisions.

This is HIS CHILD and the MOTHER of his child these elders are tossing into the wind as if those lives are inconsequential to the oh-so-important-to-appearances of that JW in the room.

This makes me SICK. The right thing is to welcome his spoken recognition of responsibility, and to accept him AND his new family.

Hopefully the disfellowshipped guy got away and found out what an absurdity the JW really are with the damaging rules and superior to everyone attitude ( sociopathic = a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.) they have.

• freddo
    freddo

@dontfitin

Sorry I misunderstood - I thought you meant he was at the elders meeting where the video was shown, not that he was simply "at the meeting" as in a congregation meeting.

Sounds like he is an honest, caring and sincere man. Look after each other.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Back in the 70's/80's I can clearly remember the maxim being dinned into us at elders school " Our aim is to gain"...meaning that we wanted to regain our brother, first of all.

However that was in the days described in a revived thread recently , when a more liberal attitude prevailed (was it Ray Franz's influence) Since that time I see from the outside a tighter control .

It all depends on your BOE, and how popular you are!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    The videos are confirmed. Elders are trained to be less merciful these days. To disfellowship quicker and reinstate slower. If that's much help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit