Elder School Video

by dontfitin 14 Replies latest jw friends

• dontfitin
    dontfitin

Hope you guys can help me find something. There was a video circulating about three years ago showing a sample judicial meeting, which basically ended up with the other elders slamming the one guy who was trying to be somewhat merciful. Of course the person was df'd.

My husband said at the meeting they actually had a talk saying that now the elders look for any reason NOT to df, etc.,etc.

I am trying to find that video. Any help is appreciated!

• freddo
    freddo
    I saw that video. I think your husband has rose-coloured glasses on.
  • dontfitin
    dontfitin
    Freddo, husband sees the problems but wants very badly to believe. He responds best to neutrally presented facts. I could tell him about the video, but it will mean much more if he sees it himself.
  • freddo
    freddo

@dontfitin

But if he is in elder then he would have seen the video at the elders school. If so then part of him knows that the session was little more then a reminder not to be too lenient.

• nonjwspouse
  • berrygerry
  • awake!watcher
    awake!watcher
    I think that's the one that encouraged the young man to desert his girlfriend and baby...
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Elder School Video

..........http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/20140701/5061920/three-stooges-poke-and-punch-o.gif

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung
    Elders always say to their spouses and the rank and file that disfellowshipping is the last resort. That is the same as the WTBS saying to the outside world they have no policy of not reporting child abuse to the authorities. Both are lies. You might get a slap on the wrist if you had sex one time and then go on your knees to the elders. But the chances for this young man who had sex multiple times, and only comes to the elders hen sh*t hits the fan, has almost no chance whatsoever. Not coming straight to the elders after the 1st offence is seen as putting their God-given position into question... no forgiving that one...
  • dontfitin
    dontfitin
    Thanks so much for the help. He's not an elder, he hasn't seen it already. He's not even an MS. He always cared more about building up our family than about service time, so he never had enough hours. He is one of those "older men" who "never reached out". In reality of course, he is a gem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit