Personal thoughts and evaluations upon the Jehovah's Witnesses Organization

by Finkelstein 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Their concept of their so called ''love'' seems so superficial and hollow if you ask me.

Which could be an accurate description of " Conditional Love " among practicing JWS

The typical psychological profile of a devout JWS is one of deep complexity, probably the reason

why the WTS made it so hard and difficult for anyone to leave.

The WTS enforces loyalty to the utmost extreme, placing a lot of guilt, shame and grief on to people who leave, whom may have actually seen its own inherent corruption and deceit.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FINKELSTEIN:

Hind sight being 20/20 and knowing what I know now, I would never have joined the JW religion. But, if they laid all their cards on the table nobody would join the religion.

The whole thing was misrepresented to me as them having some "special knowledge" the other religions did not. I was a young adult interested in end-time prophecy and this was the reason I was "lured in".

I even ignored people who said it was a cult! I figured if they had "truth", who cares if it was a cult. I didn't consider this such a pejorative term. I had the attitude of "sticks & stones might break my bones but names will never hurt me".

Even though some of the screwy teachings went in one ear and out the other, I never felt comfortable being a book salesperson and I REFUSED to carry a book bag. It was repulsive to me. (Naturally, you can imagine how negatively I was viewed because of this and having a full-time job!) I even refused to open a Watchtower or Awake magazine for a year! I only felt comfortable with the bible and it took me a while to use theirs instead of the King James Version.

Basically, I was really a "fringe" Witness, but I really tried the best I could within the narrow constraints....Then came the 1995 teaching on Generation and something switched off in my brain and I knew it was over (thankfully). It took a few years but I finally began my "fade".😃👍

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Just the word 'publisher' says it all. First time I heard it from the friend 'teaching' me I thought I was going to puke. That and 'pioneer', had heard of Pioneer chain saws, but to 'pioneer' ? What bollocks.

As mentioned above I took the good with the bad and tried to make the best of it as I wanted to learn the Bible. Anyone ever have any dealings with Primerica ? Similarities are astounding :

http://www.sequenceinc.com/fraudfiles/2015/01/a-former-primerica-representatives-story/

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The whole thing was misrepresented to me as them having some "special knowledge" the other religions did not. I was interested in end-time prophecy and this was the reason I was "lured in".

Yes that's the way most people get themselves taken in by how the WTS exploits the public's belief in the bible as well utilizing its own self devised doctrines such as mankind is now living in the last days, Christ has returned (1914), Armageddon imminent etc.,

The Watchtower publishing house with its editorial writers freely concocted its own religious order in support of its own literature proliferation agenda. self proclaiming itself true and accurate bible interpretations, exclusively chosen by god himself as it were.

In reality the WTS exposed some problems or weaknesses to other Christian based faiths but at the same time they created a long list of their own inaccurate false doctrines. a tainted commercialized version of the Gospel being one of them.

• Sabin
    Sabin

Dunedain, Are you related to my husband? that is almost word for word how he put it. Refused to get bapped over the head cause of how false everything was. He always points out how judgment, mean, cruel & backstabbing they are. The headship arrangement has really worked for me in that he wont allow me to have them in the house if he isn't here to protect me from their emotional abuse AND THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT, cause they are the one's who teach the man is head of his home. As far as my own opinion goes they are nothing to do with a loving God, they don't preach Jesus message to love your neighbour, in-fact they usually try to leave Jesus out altogether cause he is ONLY the SON of God after all. I don't think they have much understanding of the bible at all, they make it up as they go along. But I have to confess it looks good on paper as long as you don't read the small print.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One can easily pick out the false dating doctrines that the WTS has created during its appearance as a religious organization but there's more to the JWS organization that became unappealing unto themselves such as the blood doctrine, the public DFing, birthday ban, ban on higher education, dress codes, time in service accounting etc.

The WTS pushed into creating a religion focused more onto Judaic traditions from the old testament and even took on the supposed name of the ancient Hebrew god . They claimed that all of Christendom amerced itself in pagan practices making them impure or unrighteous in the eyes of god.

The adherence and devotion to the organization by WTS standards is more important to the teachings of Jesus

and his direction and teachings, putting the ancient Hebrews's in the forefront of Jesus.

For example Christendom tries to emulate Christ's teachings as to love one another and you can see how many

Christian based faiths put that into practice by their charity work. The JWS are forcibly pressured to how they dress and preach door to door with the WTS publications in hand and then are required to write down and hand in their time .

One could realistically say JWS are just exploited people for commercialized false prophets and that is true in itself.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Muddy Waters - "...my husband and I were (very briefly) involved in an MLM and the similarities between their meetings and the JW meetings were astounding..."

Oh, yeah; it's creepy as f**k.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

I used to think that even if this was not the "truth" that living by JW principles would lead to happy life. Now I see that is just a line that they feed into your mind so you won't leave. Not only is it not the truth but it uses fear, guilt and shame to keep people in line. WT is essentially a propaganda machine. They aren't really truthful about anything. Sure some Bible principles are good and sound but the truth is you don't need to be a JW to live by them.

They create rules that are not based on scripture but are based are trying to appear "different" to outsiders. Things like wearing business wear to meetings, being clean shaven and no tattoos or piercings aren't Biblical at all. And is it really true that every single holiday is objectionable? Even your own Birthday? No, it's another way you can be different and draw attention to the religion. The differences are actually there as a way to recruit more people.

As others have said there is no real friendship in the org. This is also on purpose, members must be loyal to the org not to friends. Plus everyone is trying so hard not to appear "weak" that it is virtually impossible to get to know someone on more than a superficial level.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Personal thoughts on the Borg and the Witnesses;

''Cold and Rigid!''

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

it's another way you can be different and draw attention to the religion. The differences are actually there as a way to recruit more people.

Well said JW_Rogue

The WTS leaders intent is show through their own propaganda how the rest of the world is corrupt, unrighteous immoral and false in their own adherent beliefs .

They sell happiness in the preconceived knowledge that they wont be destroyed at the soon to come Armageddon and instead live on in Paradise as reward for being faithful and devoted to them and their organization.

The WTS. has always exploited people fears, insecurities and ignorance to lure people into supporting the organization and seek out others who would also support the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit