Our Letter to Our Family

by What Now? 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

That is a frickin awesome, beautiful and powerful letter.

I hope it hits home...

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Fantastic...really....you may have borrowed some of Daniel's words but I can guarantee there will be many occasions when people will borrow your words found here, if not the whole letter, in the future!!!
  • carla
    carla

Fantastic letter! As a ubm (our families don't even know any jw's other than mine who joined up later in life) I really loved the paragraph starting with, "Please remember too that you once left the religion of your families and caused them much heartache and grief. Imagine,.......", so true! My jw has missed so many family memories and sadly he will not be in any pictures either.

I hope they read the entire letter! wishing you & yours all the best

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I don't recall reading this 5 months ago when it was written and I'm glad I stumbled upon it now. I'd love to send something similar to some of our family, but that would wreck our successful fade.

I hope "Mom" read it and was moved by it. I'd love to hear an update on the relationship.

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Awesome letter!!

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Great letter. I missed this original post. I wonder if the family ever responded?

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

I also missed the original post. Great letter!

• KateWild
    KateWild

I missed this too. Very good and helpful for ones leaving.

Shame there are so many posters here who have stayed trapped inside WT such a terrible situation.

Kate xx

• What Now?
    What Now?

Hi Everyone!

I just noticed that there were some recent replies to this post, and many were wondering how our families responded to the letter.

Well, it's been almost 6 months and we have received NO reply.

I even sent my mom a message, telling her that she could spend the day with my children, as long as when I dropped them off she would say hello to me and make some attempt at polite conversation - you know, show a little respect like a normal human being and mother! Haven't heard anything back from her about that either!

My husband and I have concluded that it was essentially a "mike drop" letter - that they have no reply, because there's nothing they can say. I think that everything I wrote was true, and can't be refuted, especially as I included a number of scripture references.

I was hoping that the letter would move them on an emotional level. I'm sure it did, but it just goes to show you the hold that the organization has on them.

• Half banana
    Half banana

You really gave it your best What Now, I hope you and your immediate family can cope and grow and prosper without JW influence. Given time your mother might change her stance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit