Book of life in pencil

by road to nowhere 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Where is the scripture about using pencil?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

31 So Moses returned to the LORD and said, "Alas, this people has committed a very serious sin, and they have made for themselves gods of gold.

32 But now, if you will forgive their sin…, but if not, wipe me out from your book that you have written."

33 The LORD said to Moses, "Whoever has sinned against me– that person I will wipe out of my book. (Exod. 32:31-33 NET)

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Still inane. Ranks up there with tiny paint brushes.

Actually it is ink that has to be fixed with UV.

• hoser
    hoser

Pencils were invented about 500 years ago. Sorry watchtower, your god probably never even heard about a pencil.

Also the word pencil is related to the word penis, sorry again watchtower, this narrative just doesn’t hold much water.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

If I was as old as God I'd have to write down names too.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"Where is the scripture about using pencil?"

There isn't one.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"Pencils were invented about 500 years ago. Sorry watchtower, your god probably never even heard about a pencil."

That's another example of how they make thins up as they go along.

• sheol-do
    sheol-do

Well not really, it's simply an illustration of how to view it in modern terms...

Name goes in, could be erased.

At some point it will not be able to be erased.

No huge conspiracy here about the illustration anyway...

• waton
    waton

There is supposed to have been new light on the resurrection for judgement, like if your not in the book of life, you'r just awaken to be condemned, but

today's wt was the old line, sins cancelled ( the rubber end of the pencil) by death. Possible new vile conduct in the New World, so even though alive, killed. rubbed out again before you 100th birthday.

same old doctrine. First in the book of life ? the partakers, not Abel, or Enoch, nor Elijah, but those in heaven since 1919. wt at the center of the world for now. .

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

It's funny I was talking to a "still in for now" friend who said that he was disgusted by the WT study yesterday.

He was moaning that it was all if you don't do such and such your name can be rubbed out, you're in but not guaranteed to win etc, etc. His objection was that when he reads the New Testament all of the Christian writers were assured and certain of their reward, none of this wishy-washy approach.

It was refreshing to hear him because I figure that it won't be long until he decides enough is enough and walks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit