New commentary on revelation coming up?

by EdenOne 77 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    ittlerockguy8 hours agoYeah we all know the trumpet blasts were from pronouncements made at conventions at Cedar Point, Ohio back in the 1920s.

Indeed. How kind of the WBT$ to re-arrange those blasts into the correct order when Jehovah(tm) got it all wrong. All praise and obey the holy holy holy paedophile protecting rock star popes the governing body(r).

Honestly, they could write a nonsense book about dog mess on their shoe and the JWs would believe every word.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Rutherford said those 7 blasts were fulfilled in the 7 conventions (Cedar Point anyone) back in the day when Jesus chose JWs to be 'special'.

No worries, according to past "light" there's no real action going to happen they simply symbolize some talks from a platform. Depending on one's view, that's either a serious disappointment or a good thing in a laid back way.

What, it's changing again?

My new commentary is that we are living not in the "last days" but at the end of the 1000 year reign. Satan's about to be let loose (so no he wasn't in the smurfs) and the naughty will be in high gear drawing followers after themselves and away from Christ. Also, too, no petting large smelly wildlife surrounded by flies until after the naughty have disappeared forever ... and the flies.

So, there.

***I see I was late mentioning the conventions. Sorry for the repeat.***

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

At first i was thinking nooo fake as f@ck.

But now i'm thinking nooo they have gone full cult mode so yes they may just be dumb enough.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

An Apocalyptic event ! All will be revealed shortly, around the corner -

• bohm
    bohm

Even if the cover/diagrams are fishy, I think it would make a lot of sense to make a new revelation book which simply omitted a lot of the embarrassing stuff. The dropping of the types/antitypes a few months back could be seen as gearing up to a new take on the book of revelations where everything was not deemed significant and dumping down the message would just be continuing the trajectory they have taken the last few years.

I predict it will be a fairly slim book which only focus on what's most important from their perspective (Armageddon is coming really soon and it will be really bad). JWs can then decide for themselves if everything said previously is old light or if it is still current light; that way everyone wins.

• sir82
    sir82

LOL.

To replace the "Revelation, Well We Guess It Turns Out That Its Climax Was Not Exactly At Hand" book.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    bohm: ...I think it would make a lot of sense to make a new revelation book which simply omitted a lot of the embarrassing stuff.

I agree. An abbreviated and sanitized version of Revelation will trump some of the crazy stuff and obvious errors in past publications.

The WTS needs a new streamlined Revelation book to go along with their streamlined website. A new Revelation book/pamphlet would make the other books "past expiry date". As in..."oh, but we don't believe that anymore..."

The old Revelation commentary is a skin that needs shedding...and they are going to grow a shiny new one

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

"Revelation Climaxed In Our Hands. We're In Big Tribulation Now"

EdenOne

• Stealth
    Stealth
    Revelation is the perfect tool for fear mongers to keep the flock under control with F.U.D.
  • Londo111
    Londo111

If true, I look forward to debunking it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit