Were the life spans of the patriarchs just an allegory of astronomical cycles?

by was a new boy 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PioneerSchmioneer
    PioneerSchmioneer

I am a Roman Catholic. I was baptized in 1967 in Corpus Christi Tx.

I was a Catechist for the Catholic Church. I had an aunt who was one of Jehovah's Witnesses who recently died.

I love my Jewish brethren.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

If that was true, then you would love me. But you've already shown how you feel about me. Good night. Again.

• PioneerSchmioneer
    PioneerSchmioneer

You said that I don't care about Jews or the abused and got me so angry my family gathered around me out of fear and I could barely type. Only soneone with the spirit if the devil would say things like that. I don't love the devil so I don't love anyone with the spirit of the devil!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

"Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast."

"It jumped up a notch."

"It did, didn't it?"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Re. EasyPrompt’s post on the previous page summarizing his conversation with me…

Whoops, he got me. Turns out I did facetiously suggest taking the whole Bible as allegorical.

Doesn’t make me a liar, though, just a hopelessly incurable smartass. The rest of my arguments were sincere.

I actually have no issues with the Bible; in fact I’m a big fan of fantasy, horror, and graphic violence (being a smartass again, can’t help it, sorry). 😁

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt
    "just a hopelessly incurable smartass. The rest of my arguments were sincere."

It's all good, @Vidiot, I am the same way.🙂

"I actually have no issues with the Bible; in fact I’m a big fan of fantasy, horror, and graphic violence (being a smartass again, can’t help it, sorry). 😁"

😝(Stuck my tongue out at you, sorry can't help it...😁)

"his...he..."

I'm not a "he", I'm a "she". I didn't have it on my profile, sorry.

Hope you have a good day, @Vidiot.🌷

• DesirousOfChange
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I don’t think EasyPrompt’s a troll.

It’s why I interacted with them.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

@DesirousOfChange, Yeah, I'm not a troll. I've been hoodwinked many times, and I have been hurt by a lot of pathological liars in the JWBorg, so I am a bit oversensitive if I suspect someone might be trying to pull one over on me. Sometimes I react too "loudly" now as a more recent learned defense mechanism (for a long time I didn't say anything at all, just got steamrolled). I know it's not the best quality, and I am working on it, but I'm slow. I apologize for seeming "troll-like". I don't mean to come across that way.

@Vidiot, thank you.💖

• fedup
    fedup
    I believe that before the flood they were counting months as years. Adam, 930 pre-flood years or months - 77 years old

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit