Watchtower View on Resurrection - All Panda Bears?

by Sea Breeze 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Sea Breeze,

I asked for the traditional understanding of how people in general could die a second death. You said:

"The point is, that from a consistent biblical point of view, a person cannot die a second time unless he is first made alive again through the reintegration of his soul, body and spirit, in a resurrection."

In Revelation 20:12 we read "the dead were judged". It does not sound like it is the grand resurrection that makes them alive. In the traditional view, the spiritually dead die a second time, but they were never made alive. I am curious that you yourself say they are first made alive through being raised. I think the traditional view is that they are the spiritually dead simply die a second time because they dont cut it, they dont meet the requirements for being made alive. Forgetting tradition, we can easily find some that fits the bill of being made alive spiritually and then dying a second time and we not surprisingly finds it in other non pauline writings; Jude 12 and Hebrews 6:4-6.

The only guy I recall ever trying to say the resurrection of the damned made them alive was Jonathan Edwards on1 Corinthians 15. But other reformed realized that was an ill digested thought. In general the traditional view is that 1 Corinthians 15 only adresses the saved.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "It's called the 'nightmare stage' of wishful thinking."

I'd like to add that all cults get there, eventually.

Jonestown had reached their "nightmare stage", for example...

...their response was mass suicide and murder.

They felt backed into a corner, and chose to burn it all down rather than accept the actual truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit