Watchtower View on Resurrection - All Panda Bears?

by Sea Breeze 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

A recent WT Study was titled: “The Resurrection Reveals God’s Love, Wisdom and Patience

Apparently there was a lot of speculation on how those resurrected will be needing to be taught God’s ways in last weeks WT study

Does anyone know how the Watchtower tries to weasel out of the "resurrection of damnation"?

John 5 - Marvel not at this; for the hour is coming in which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice
    29 and shall come forth — they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life, and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation....
    30 “I can of Mine own self do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I seek not Mine own will, but the will of the Father who hath sent Me.
    39 “Search the Scriptures, for in them ye think ye have eternal life; and it is they which testify of Me.
    40 And ye will not come to Me, that ye might have life!

This does not fit with their theology that everyone pays for their own sins when they die.

Do they just try to say the 2nd death (and resurrection) is just symbolic or something?

Rev. 20: 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power
    Rev. 20: 12& 13 - And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them; and they were judged every man according to their works.

In traditional Christianity, believers are reckoned as judged (died and born again) at Calvary, Conversely, having rejected the grace of God, they only thing left for unbelievers is to be judged by their own works.

In other words, people are given a choice: to be judged by the works of Christ or be judged by their own works.

This totally doesn't fit with their paradise , panda bear scenario for everyone who is resurrected.

How does the Watchtower explain away the 2nd resurrection? Anyone know?

• LV101
    LV101

Unimaginable thought more being taught God's ways per Watchtower!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

That always perplexed me. To take it literal would mean God wakes the consciousness of all the dead and tells them whether they are worthy to be ressurected to life again or not

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Exactly, it doesn't fit the rosy "can't lose if you die" scenario in WT theology.

Verse 40 explains why people end up at "the resurrection of damnation"

40 And ye will not come to Me, that ye might have life!

JW's are so busy chasing down Jehovah they completely reject coming to Jesus to get life. They no doubt reason that it is not appropriate to go to the Arc-angel Michael to get life. (which is a false dichotomy, Jesus isn't Michael) But, Jesus says you have to go to him alone for life, not Jehovah. This is the real reason for the over-emphasis upon Jehovah - to inoculate people against going to Jesus to get life.

But I digress, my point is that the entire notion of a resurrection other than the one described by the WT of paradise life petting panda bears is opposite of the Watchtower narrative. We were all supposed to be resurrected having paid for our own sins at death, not a resurrection for judgement!

The one scripture that always stuck in my craw, even when I was a little boy was this: Rev. 20: 5 - But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.

If, as the Watchtower teaches that the righteous and the unrighteous are both resurrected to a paradise earth in the Millennium Reign, then who in the heck are these people who aren't resurrected until after the Millennium Reign has ended for the purpose of judgement (damnation)?

How does the Watchtower explain this away?

• waton
    waton
    How does the Watchtower explain away the 2nd resurrection? Anyone know?

SB: wt does not explain away the 2nd resurrection, as understood by the churches. The 2nd resurrection to them is the Paradise, Panda resurrection, their almost Pan (all) resurrection. (like Pan American)

Last week's article rumination reflected that, not a peep about their "first resurrection" (in Christ). to immortality, their 144 ooo, partaker anointed group, now overlapping. In wt land, these will be resurrected now, since 1919, rapture style.

to wt believers, the judgement is not a review of past conduct, but a 1000 year process of conforming to wt instructions slaving for a 1000 years. The books opened are not the record of history, but the new "laws governing conduct life with the Pandas" like: "Thou shalt not build aeroplanes" ha ha.

You never had a brain-wash "bible study" did you?

• BelisemDeBelimakom
    BelisemDeBelimakom

Here is how WT explains this verse, try not to laugh

Source: https://wol.jw.Borg/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1982887#h=1:0-9:0

*** w82 12/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Revelation 20:5 says that “the rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.” Will this be before the final test or after it?

[...]

Those who physically have died and will be resurrected on earth during the Millennium will still be imperfect humans. Also, those surviving the war of God will not be made perfect and sinless immediately. As they continue faithful to God during the Millennium those who will have survived on earth evidently will gradually progress toward perfection. Hence, as long as persons in both categories are not free of inherited sin, they will in a sense be “dead” (and could not yet be fully alive) in God’s sight.—Luke 9:60; Ephesians 2:1.

[...]

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

The Bible violates its own policies about resurrection

ICor 15:42: So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised up in in corruption.

If that is so, then Lazarus was resurrected without Corruption (Without Sin) and a person without sin is perfect and should be living eternally. Why did he die again ?

Is there one tangible evendence for a resurrection, so far ?

• waton
    waton
    Is there one tangible evidence for a resurrection, so far ?

EA: these are all stories.. paper is patient.

some of these characters possibly pay 3-4 times for their and Adam's sin: 1) when they died, 2) died again after their resurrection, 3) because jesus died for them and 4) if they die possibly after the 1000 year are ended, in the" 4 corner of the earth" rebellion. who?

well, for examples the "zombies" that came out of the graves in Jerusalem during the crucifixion / impalement episode.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Lets first start with the basics. There is no evendence for any Resurrection in nature. Once dead. Gone forever.

If we discuss topics based on a baseless thing, its all in vain

• waton
    waton
    f we discuss topics based on a baseless thing, its all in vain

EA: it is great exercise to debunk bible / wt teachings, free ourselves and others from wtthink.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit