Watchtower View on Resurrection - All Panda Bears?

by Sea Breeze 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    JoenB75
    I dont give serious thoughts to the Bible anymore after understanding its all gibberish. Sorry Bible believers.
  • JoenB75
    JoenB75

EverApostate

It is ok dear apostate 🤭

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    JoenB75
    I wish the JWs are as kind as you despite my disbelief in the Bible/Watchtower.

The JW friends - whom I considered as a family - literally threw me out of their gathering 10 Years ago because I started to doubt the WT. Nothing as disgraceful as such, happened in my life

It’s the bitter sweet 10th year anniversary now.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Everapostate,

Im sorry to hear that. A lot of sad stuff going on in the JW religion. And it seems to all fall and stand with the faith in the JW leadership and their spin on the bible, not really the bible as such. They believe the the JW leadership knows the truth all until something makes them see the leadership with other eyes

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Second death implies a resurrection inbetween first and second death, although we never read of the term first death. Jude 12 speaks of those in the congregation "twice dead". So the ones who endure first death can hardly be mere unbelievers rejecting the gospel. They have to be fallen from some higher state of favor. JW would of course argue this refers to those knowing the wonders of JW life and then rejecting it. A more contextual solution would be that it refers to a people who have been given special favor and then fall away. In Preterism we would immidiately think of the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70 and judgment on the chosen nation. Of course nothing in the Bible says they will be not ever be redeemed from this judgment but that would from the perspective of the Bible writers be far into the future .

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

There is popular brief saying in Christian circles that captures the biblical view:

Born once, die twice

Born twice, die once.

The below chart is over 100 years old and is still considered the gold standard in expalining the various judgements and resurrections.... for those interested.

Resurrections and Judgments

• waton
    waton

S B, thanx, sorry I cant read the fine print. looks intriguing though key points?

I find reassuring that Jesus stipulated, that Judges will be held to the same standards as the judged.

J.J. j. I am thinking of the other J, Joseph, how that turned out.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Apparently there was a lot of speculation on how those resurrected will be needing to be taught God’s ways in last weeks WT study

I`m confused ? Shouldn`t they just go and knock on the door at Beth Sarim and ask the "Faithful men of old " such as Abraham ,Isaac , and Jacob , who have been living there since 1925 ?

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Of course I meant to say "so the ones who endure second death" in line 5-6

• Biahi
    Biahi

Smiddy3, when I visited San Diego, I went to Beth Sarim. It’s a lovely home, in an upscale neighborhood. My husband took my picture standing in front of the house, next to the mailbox. I’m sure the family that lives there is used to it. I don’t think the “faithful men of old” live there lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit