The ineffectiveness of the Watchtower Society preaching work

by RULES & REGULATIONS 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    As I've posted numerous times - if there really were a "Jehovah", and he really wanted a group to proclaim a "worldwide witness", he'd have fired the JWs decades for the piss-poor hash they are making of their "work".

sir82....that is exactly the point I'm trying to make! How can a group that has the backing of Jehovah and the ''faithful and discreet slave'', spend billions of hours preaching per year, spent 140 years declaring the ''end times'', have millions of ''bible studies'', print and distribute millions of books and magazines per year...... and in the meantime, the Pentecostals have a greater success in getting out their message and recruitment with little evangelical methods.

• new boy
    new boy

For the year of 2017 it was an average of 13,880 of preaching work for one new convert.

What could throw this statistic off however is the fact that vast majority of people who are getting baptized now are "born ins."

So who knows, it could take as much as 100,000 of preaching to get one new "non born in" into the church.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Thomasdam they used to be everywhere all the time. I don't see them but very rarely. Once in a while I see a cart in some square. But door to door I am sure they do it but I have not had any in years.

Definitely. Whatever anyone says about the cart work only accounting for a small group of witnesses, they must be the most active group.

Because it has definitely affected the D2D work.

There used to be witnesses working our street at least every couple of months, Now? It's been literally years since i've seen so much as a single one. Years.

• Ding
    Ding

When I see them standing next to a cart and talking to no one other than each other, I wonder if they are even interested in getting converts.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Counting field service time is so pointless. I've only aux. pioneered a couple times in my life, but it's so easy to log that time for the month and accomplish nothing at all. You can just ride along with others on their return visits, Bible studies, or drive out further to territories, take a few doors, and then go on break. Or what about letter writing and doing it all by hand. In a morning of letter writing, you maybe get 5 letters done, while you could type one, change the name and print off 100 and send them off to reach the most people. The WT is always encouraging people to ask self reflecting questions. So here it is, "Is this letter writing more about my own statistics of how much time I can log, or is it about reaching as many as I can with a life saving message?"

I really think they need to get rid of counting hours, it's just so unproductive to people like me that want to look good, while doing nothing, lol. I've told relatives I think they need to get rid of the hours and set a goal for aux pioneer like offering a Bible study 10 times for the month, spending 5+ minutes engaging someone in a discussion, those sorts of things. That would actually make the brothers and sisters take some action and do something that would be productive. But it also seems so ridiculous to log these stats in the first place, Jesus didn’t care about any of that. I don’t feel the preaching work from JWs standpoint is meant to be productive, it’s more so there to keep everyone occupied and busy, so they don’t have downtime to think about how crazy some of these beliefs are.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I live in an area where there is a lot of rural territory. You have to get out, take the door, get back in the car and drive down the road maybe a 1/2 mile to a mile before the next one. It's not uncommon to fill up a minivan with 7 people and do that for a morning. When all is said and done, that's 21 hours logged among them all and how much time was spent going to a door, maybe 20 minutes?

Yes, no doubt. I'm pretty sure that if a non-JW looks at the hour totals for the Watchtower they must think JWs are really spending that amount of time talking to people. The reality is that it's probably less that 1% of the total time reported.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the title of the thread should read "the stupidity" of the WTS preaching work

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

god is the WORST salesman EVER EVER EVER.

He cant get people to want to live in paradise forever.

Sad.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The effectiveness of the JWs is also reduced by the very doctrines which the organization produced. (False Doctrines)

They were commercially devised, not bible accurate, not surprising since it started from a American freewheeling unregulated religious publishing house.

People now days can research the organization and the WTS going back decades and beyond.

• steve2
    steve2

Not one single photo or picture of JWs preaching "activity" in the organization's media shows JWs idly sitting looking bored at their phone with no passersby in sight.

Yet, on those occasions I have seen JWs in public, they are idly sitting looking bored at their phones with no passersby in sight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit