What was your favorite video game?

by LoveUniHateExams 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• TD
    TD

I don't have a lot of time, but when I do, I enjoy the sandbox style of games, like Fallout4 for example. (A daughter got me hooked...)

I was surprised that a modern video game is every bit as big a production as a motion picture. If I'm not mistaken Liam Neeson was one of the voice actors in the Fallout series.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Pong!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Here, this youtube vid explains and shows why Battlefront II (2005) was a great game ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fJidsBpexY

• someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX

I've been a gamer all my life, and still play daily - console and mobile phone.

However, one of my fave games back in the 80s was a simple yet fun game called Dig Dug. Couldn't get enough of blowing up dragons and capturing flowers as a 10 year old. Played it every time we went to the laundry mat

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Golden Eye on the N64 was awesome. I remember buying it in secret and having to play it with the volume on very low or no volume at all.

Red Dead Redemption. A free roaming Wild West game. I've yet to play the second installment of this as I no longer own a console.

Grand Theft Auto IV. A game my ex-brother in law and I enjoyed while still JWs and used to help eachother out on certain bits but never mentioned it to the brothers in the congregation. I remember even my then-wife used to enjoy going with the hookers then beating them up and taking the money back!

Civilization 4. You start as stone age people on a patch of land then gradually the map grows and your society evolves into modern day. Depending on the choices you make depends on the politics you end up. I once ended up with Facism! (Well, I learned from the best I guess?)

• redpilltwice
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Crash Team Racing, Toy Story and SCARS

• Simon
    Simon
    The best game I ever owned was PONG.

Our first video console was the Binatone TV master, it had a 'rich variety' of games, all of which were really pong with different layouts of bats and walls, LOL. It was awesome.

There have been so many great games that have wasted hours over the years. I remember when we were first married, our dining table was setup with two computers that we used to play Doom and later Quake against each other. Before that we played Tetris on Gameboys (original LCD one, linked with a cable).

I used to play Command & Conquer online quite a lot and like the newer version of RTS such as Company of Heroes 2. I like city building games like Cities: Skylines too and racing sims.

We sometimes fire up old games on a console, something like Rayman, and have competitions against each other. It's quite a fun thing to do with the kids, even though they are not kids anymore I think it's retro for them as they used to play them when they were little.

There have been so many great games over the years, you forget things that you used to play to death. It's incredible what a massive industry it is now - it dwarfs movies and music, and now there are live sports leagues where people earn prize-money of $millions. Insane!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I like Pac-Man but I guess there are some newer ones out there.

Rub a Dub

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

DOOM II is still my fav.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit