What was your favorite video game?

by LoveUniHateExams 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I've never been that big on video/computer games but I used to have a PS2 and my absolute fav game was Star Wars Battlefront II, released by Pandemic in 2005.

You could choose to play as three different classes of soldier and fight for the rebels, the Imperials, the Republic or the battle droids.

As you played and gained points by killing the enemy, you could unlock a fourth and fifth class of soldier. You could also play as a hero or villain - such as Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, etc.

There was something absolutely awesome playing as Darth Vader and cutting down or force-choking rebel soldiers on the Tantive IV.

Image result for star wars battlefront II (2005)

There were space battles, a chance to hunt indigenous life-forms, or you could play a kinda galaxy conquest. You could also join up online with other players.

The first Battlefront was pretty good, too, although it lacked a lot of the sequel's features.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Oh boy one of my sons was on the new one until 2 am last night he waiting for his brother to let him download it all day so...!!! ( they get two weeks off in autumn term)

Ok now I'm going to show my age.

The best game I ever owned was PONG. I had the original and I didn't know any other kids who owned it. I thought it was the most amazing thing ever ;)(my kids would say I am "Flexing" lol)

I got into Sega sonic when they came out. I'd get home from work and couldn't wait to have a go.

My favourite game now is Assasins creed Black Flag. And Telltales "The walking Dead"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Portal.

• blondie
    blondie

I have never played what I consider video games. I have played games on sites like Pogo and MSN games. Usually like Boggle, Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble, Dominoes, Bingo, Yahtzee, well you get the picture.

I sometimes play against other players and some times against the computer. I don't play on games with impatient players or foul language ones or ones where players hit on me. Otherwise in a safe setting, these games keep my mind as I get older and a little clean conversation with other players.

I try to find player groups at the same level where we are challenged to do better.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sonic the Hedgehog

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Wow, too many to list.

Any kids of the 80's , like me, will remember their childhoods with the release of the very first home consoles, the first hand-held games, arcade games, pinballs, Nintendo's, Sega's, Playstations, then, the rise of home computing, the world wide web, PC games and MMORPG's.

To anyone not into video games, it may interest you to know that there are websites, like Twitch, that allow players to stream the games as they are playing, to anyone who wants to log in and watch them. So, if you have kids, and they aren't playing video games, there is a good chance they and their friends are watching someone play. The best players are known worldwide, have fans numbering in the hundred thousands, or millions, and make ridiculous sums of money.

Then there are E-sports, where professional video game players compete in packed arenas for millions of dollars in prize money, all streamed to a worldwide audience.

To answer your question, loveuni, hard to pick a favourite. Maybe Ark- survival evolved??

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Sims, and other slow games.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

When I was a kid (10-12 years old) I had a Commodore 64. A few of my mates had an Amiga (much more expensive) or Sega Megadrive (Sega Genesis in the US).

I remember a couple of good games on the Amiga called Sim Earth and Sim City. I guess 'Sim' stands for simulation because you could build your own city or even earth, letting evolution happen, etc. I never really played those games but I was always fascinated by them. My parents rightly said that an Amiga was too expensive just to play games on - "go out and kick a football about!" XD Looking back, they were right.

• sparky1
  • Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

We were too poor to buy games. But I remember playing Tetris in a handheld console that belonged to my cousin...whenever I visited.

Later on sonic the hedgehog after i bought it myself but didn’t played that much.

never been that interested in games, my kids have had a few, Nintendo lite, wii console, a few Xboxes series. And tamagotchis of course lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit