Donated Jewelry -- where is it sold?

by anon123 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• anon123
    anon123

Not really sure in what forum this topic belongs -- Trying to find out where KH or other JW org sells the jewelry that is donated to it.

• freddo
    freddo

I know it's not this extreme but why did I get an image in my mind of a laden trestle table on the railway platform outside the gas chamber at Auschwitz-Birkenau. Manned by a bespectacled SS Obersturmfuhrer flanked by a pair of enlisted stormtroopers?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wouldn't be surprised if they take it a shop that melts the items down and take its raw gold value. $$$

• LV101
    LV101

I think you're probably right, Fink. That's what the professionals do that rob homes -- they have it melted down in the back of those vans so fast it's unreal. The GB goons probably take the best of it for their families and the unwanted items are melted down or they have good pawn dealers who pay them off for it.

• hoser
    hoser

There are at least two jewelers in “the truth” that I know of in my part of the country. They are both high up elders because they are so spiritual wealthy.

The branch probably pawns it through them

• freddo
    freddo

Having slept on my above post - I apologise. The org maybe money-grabbers but I don't believe they are on a par with the Nazis at Auschwitz.

Sorry.

• minimus
    minimus

Obviously they scrap it for whatever today’s gold price will be.

These poor Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe that they are giving their valuables to the society and the society is going to use these unrighteous riches and help the poor.the Watchtower is a business!!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Freddo don't worry, when I think of all those sweet angels who have died through the blood ban I'm not So sure you aren't right. There are certainly individuals who knew this was wrong and have even profited through it as Orphan Crows research testifies.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Would be good to know in case anyone wanted to track down a deceased relatives donated jewelry for sentimental reasons?

• cha ching
    cha ching

It always made my shoulders twinge, and my head cringe when it was read from the stage that we could donate "cash, jewelry or other valuable personal property".. It lowered the dignity I gave them.... they seemed like "money grabbers".....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit