elders are leaving me alone. what to make of this?

by nowwhat? 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I am a born in that goes back to the 1960's I am in a very zealous congregation with super dub elders. I have been inactive for 3 years and only go to about 2 meetings a month. I made my displeasure known about the overlapping generation b.s. in a shepherding visit a couple Years ago. Since then the elders neither harass me or encourage me. Am I just lucky?

• freddo
    freddo

You probably are lucky but the fact that you said your piece about "the overlapping generation b.s." and they haven't come back to you shows they have no reasonable answer to what you said.

You may have made your own luck by not spreading your views further and wakening up their "need to protect the flock" from you.

Also, you probably said exactly what they think but they are too afraid to face because if they do then their little world will turn upside down.

So they have no scriptural (or more importantly for them - organisational) mandate to deal with you so they leave well alone.

You are probably the "Elephant in the room" at their elders' meetings!

• anointed1
    anointed1

If you really doubt on any of the teachings, you are treated as irretrievable (from their point of view) and extremely lucky (from larger perspective)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You do what you need to un your situation, but I managed a complete fade with no contact from the elders in something like 8 years, and that is with absolutely no meeting attendance while my wife is still very active.

My point is, they still see you, they still assume you are a loyal (but douting) minion. And as mentioned, they have no good answers for you. I suppose luck plays in most cases whether the elders let someone leave in peace or not, but to see if you are lucky, you might try dropping the twice-a-month meetings.

• Emma
    Emma

Don't exhale just yet. They'll get around to you.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Since then the elders neither harass me or encourage me. Am I just lucky?

I have the feeling that you may be lucky, but for the fact that they may just not like you and prefer not to deal with you at all. I've known of elders who do that. It may just be "fine by them".

It could also be fear. If you were the kind of JW you describe, they may not feel too confident coming to you to try to discuss things with them. You may have a lot more ammunition against them than they against you.

Just my guesses.

• grassyknoll07
    grassyknoll07

You are probably being placed in the "do not visit" pile.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You may have made your own luck by not spreading your views further and wakening up their "need to protect the flock" from you. . . . . . Also, you probably said exactly what they think but they are too afraid to face because if they do then their little world will turn upside down.~ FREDDO

Ditto to what Freddo said above. The best thing for you to do is STFU and just keep smiling. Better yet, stop ALL meetings as it's best to be completely off of their radar. Good luck! . . . . Doc

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My son has been out over 20 years and is not DF..But his uncles and cousins are all elders, that makes a difference. I guess they figure, WTH what's the point. We don't need another agitator in our divided family..

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I thought I would be long gone by Now. But my wife (who has her family in) really would like me to go to meetings once in a while for appearances sake. I owe that to her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit