elders are leaving me alone. what to make of this?

by nowwhat? 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

My opinion: they are too stressed and busy and there are bigger fish to fry.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Am I just lucky?

Its probably because they know your right and they don't want to think or deal with it themselves, its that uncomfortable feeling of cognitive dissonance you give them that they don't want to deal with.

You can liken it to when a JWS comes to someone's door and the homeowner asks " How come you say your religion is the only religion that correctly and truthfully interprets the bible but your religion kept on setting dates of what was suppose to happen all throughout the 20th century and even before but nothing happened at all ? "

Most JWs will get all fumbled and start to close their literature bags and start to walk away, again cognitive dissonance.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Since then the elders neither harass me or encourage me. Am I just lucky?

You are. Now forget about it unless you want to trim down your attendance to once a month followed by the once a year Memorial.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I find many elders are just indifferent. They neither encourage nor admonish could be a few reasons for this.

They don't care enough about the borg or individuals to be bothered chasing people.

They do not want to jeopardize their position as elder by getting involved in a potential apostasy trial.

They are tired, burned out and have no time to harrass grown-ass men about personal decisions.

Either way it's probably preferable than them hounding you but doesn't help much if knowing where you stand with them is important to your frame of mind - as sometimes the not knowing can be hard to deal with. It's like perpetually wondering if today will be the day some zealous elder decides to give fuck about your absence.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Maybe the elders have been told too many time, F--- off after hounding people.Come on folks after someone is missing and you know they don't believe the BS and you hunt them down to ask, what's your problem you don't believe we are Jehovah's organization? Hell most elders have problems with their own family today....You have to have some big cohones to knock on my door and tell me, if you don't come back we will DF you...Today I can't believe this is still happening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit