Best Life Gifts - New Bethel Giftshop

by jamesmarsh 32 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Does the wt sanction these types of business? Do the people have to pay a licensing fee for using the wt logo or other trademarks? I would think that once the official wt learned about these businesses they would jump all over them with their hand out.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Better push mute as Kingdumb Melodies are playing in The Unreluctant's video on Ministry Ideaz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLlXfkqAPwE

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

The org does not sanction these operations nor can it for tax reasons. Now what happens off the books i have no idea

• sir82
    sir82

And the one true golden rule in the JWs organisation is - "Don't do any business with another JW". I guess we all have tales to tell of being swindled in one way or another by another "brother" or "sister".

Amen and amen, verily I say unto thee, thou speakest the truth.

Not all JW workmen are "shady", but I'd say the proportion is higher than that found in the general population.

If/when things don't go well, guess what? "Don't take your brother to court".

And guess what, part 2? JW workmen know that and very often take advantage of it.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

There are other companies which manufacture materials for the Borg, such as Madzay, Stoops, etc., as shown in the following links below:

www.madzay.com/

www.openfos.com/

www.pinterest.com/pin/528398968754311703/?lp=true

In fact, some friends told me that when quite a few Bethelites and pioneers move in the town/city where these companies are located, they can become employed by these businesses, so that they can also maintain their spiritual standing in the Borg. However, also, to be hired, it's not what they know (i.e., longevity in the Borg, how much biblical/organizational "knowledge" they possess,etc.) but who they know (i.e., "Well, since you know Brother and Sister Haughty/Stuck-Up, there is definitely a position we have lined up just for you!").

• Giordano
    Giordano

When I was a pioneer I always thought what a shame it was that we couldn't push a line of Avon Products, Amway in later years. I mean here we were knocking on doors with the stupid watchtower publications which were routinely rejected and I couldn't say:

'Well if paradise earth is not interesting how about a great deal on these world famous cosmetics and create your own paradise?'

Ten years knocking on people's doors.....could have made a decent living.

• sir82
    sir82

When I was a pioneer I always thought what a shame it was that we couldn't push a line of Avon Products, Amway in later years. I mean here we were knocking on doors with the stupid watchtower publications which were routinely rejected and I couldn't say:

'Well if paradise earth is not interesting how about a great deal on these world famous cosmetics and create your own paradise?'

I heard a story, don't know how true it is....

A pioneer supported himself by being a "doorbell repairman". He'd do his "door to door ministry" and take note of which houses had non-functioning doorbells. Then on some other occasion, he'd go back and offer to fix their doorbells.

Anyone else hear that one?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Giordano: When I was a pioneer I always thought what a shame it was that we couldn't push a line of Avon Products

Haha!

I know a JW woman (still active) who has done this for years. Avon distributor for over 50 years. She still does it. She really likes going out to rural areas and doing a double whammy. She carries her Avon orders in her vehicle along with her JW literature. She leaves a tract and an Avon Catalog.

Anyone who knows this lady, knows exactly who I am talking about. ;)

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry, but this just seems like slander unless you have proof. It's hearsay and seems doubtful - there really isn't such as thing as a 'hostile takeover' for non-listed companies. People decide to sell or they don't.

If they felt they were pressured into selling then they should have got some advice.

If they regret the terms of the sale in hindsight then they should have got better advice.

This just sounds like someone with a personal dislike out to make accusations that no one can know if they are true or not and, to be honest, why should anyone even care? Everyone involved is just trying to profit from other people's belief and trust so no one comes out smelling of roses.

If ministry ideaz disagree with the narrative from the new store then they can say so on their own website. It sounds like these people ran it all along and only the name has changed.

Don't think you can post stuff like this and it will stay online. I'm giving you chance to read this, back up the story with some facts or understand why it disappeared in which case, don't re-post it.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    There really isn't such as thing as a 'hostile takeover' for non-listed companies. People decide to sell or they don't.

exactly what i was thinking. Thats why i asked if there was more to the story because it dosent add up at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit