In the past we taught it, but now we teach other thing....

by opusdei1972 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Listener
    Listener
    OpuisDei1972 - That captivity began sometime in the second century C.E. and continued until the cleansing of the spiritual temple in the time of the end

The cleansing of the temple was supposed to have occurred between 1914 and 1918/9 yet if God's people were still in captivity until 1919 then there was no one in the Spiritual Temple at that time, there was nothing to be cleansed because it was vacant.

• Room 215
    Room 215
    Wasn't that period supposed to be identified as the fulfillment of Revelation 11:3: "And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth?" What then of those three and on half years?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Credit where credit's due.

By recycling the older stuff, they don't actually have to come up with anything new...

x

...or are they recycling the older stuff because they can''t come up with anything new? :smirk:

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

I can just imagine the the writers of these articles, thinking, Oh god, what the heck are we going to write?

[because they are so brain dead]

lets copy and paste some old stuff, interject some new ideas, and hope no one notices.

I bet they cant explain any of it.

the faces of confusion were apparent to me, years ago when the article seven shepherds eight dukes [ahem] what they mean for us today... was studied.

I was totally giggly.

one 'brother' sitting next to me was looking at my wt and smiling, he saw all my scribbling up and down the margins, and he knew how I felt about the teachings, afterwards he said, 'what the heck did we just read, makes no sense...'

he said even an older elder said he spoke to did not understand that lesson,lol.

they make absolutely no sense, and cannot form a paragraph that has any useful information for people today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit