I have a solution to Joker's high unemployment post

by Eyebrow2 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    thats work...what type of stuff do you sell?

Thanks. It seems like to much fun for work. I went from working10-16 hrs a day, to two hours a day. You name it I sell it. I go to thrift stores and look for stuff and resell it. Silverware, silver bowls, glassware, toys, car parts, comic books, baseball & football cards.

Her only problem was shipping when she had a customer outside of New England.

What was her problem? PM me, maybe I can give you some info to send her. I am in the US, but I ship worldwide. Maybe I could help a little. Let me know if I can.

• simplesally
    simplesally

MOM,
    Do you have a list of things that people want or do you just pick up items and sell them on ebay?

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

To be honest, it depends. It all started when my Grandpop came to live with us. I had to clean out the house he lived in since 1947. They saved everything. No one in the family wanted anything, so I got custody of it all. Well there is only so much room in my home, so I kept what was family stuff, and tried to see what would sell. So I would take an item, say a snoopy doll I found. Went and saw if it was on ebay. It was, so I posted mine. It sold, and I was happy. Also those Aunt Jemima dolls, those plastic salt and pepper or syrup containers, they sell well too.

Sometimes it is a gut feeling. I found an old plate at goodwill for $1.50, and it sold on ebay for $20. Sometimes I win, sometimes I loose.

I wish I had a fool proof plan to give you. Poke around there. See if there is something in your home you don't want, and see if it is selling on ebay. If it is, see how much. See if it is worth listing.

Hope I was some help.

• Joker10
    Joker10

Yes, it was some fun to post.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

Oh, I forgot one more tip. If you buy on ebay, get a different usere name for selling. This way if you buy something on there, and resell it, they will see what you paid for it. So two accounts. One for selling, one for buying.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

that is a great idea...I did not know you could do that

thanks

• smack
    smack

My job was automated a few years ago. I still have to do the 8 hours, I still have to watch and listen, but a computer in another state does all the thinking. I'm the organic standby in case of failure. As long as I'm here and awake and listening............

Steve

Tasmanian Overbeer

• avengers
    avengers

Maybe we should ask Simon to add a directory in which we can post wether we have jobs available or if we need a job.

It's really hard to find trustworthy men and women to do a good job. If you're an engineer I might have a job for you.
    Just a thought to play with, unless you play with different things. (LOL)

Andy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit