I have a solution to Joker's high unemployment post

by Eyebrow2 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

send your resumes...I am a recruiter!

on the serious side....Joker is probably stirring up a hornest for fun...hey dont we all once in a while (I am STILL waiting for my Thread Hijacker tshirt) but I cannot tell you how many people every day I talk to that were making good money not too long ago that are on the skids looking for a decent job. You dont have to be a slacker to be unemployed Joker...yes, maybe some of us have too much time on our hands...but I have a feeling the majority of people that post a lot on this board are just really good multi-taskers. (I am downloading I9 and W4 forms as we speak for a fedex pack)

Joker, joker, joker...sigh...it aint just the apostates that have hit hard times. This lovely economy is truly unpartial in delivering its stinging pain.

I think I will call up the Watchtower in NY tomorrow and see if they have openings for devils advocates on staff...

• gumby
    gumby
    I have a feeling the majority of people that post a lot on this board are just really good multi-taskers.

Yeah....that's me. I collect unemployment, pick up beer cans out of the garbage bin at all the bars late at night, stand out in front of the 7-11 and beg for money, and borrow money from all my working friends and family. I wish I was still a witness and had lots of money.

Gumby

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

hmmmm...I may have an opening for tooth brush rebristler at the local salvation army store...you would do great there

• blondie
    blondie

Maybe it is just that the ones with jobs are more likely not to have posted.

Blondie

• gumby
    gumby
    Maybe it is just that the ones with jobs are more likely not to have posted.

Ouch blondie.

I work about 50 hours a week.....and I posted.

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, some did, Gumby, but maybe less likely to. You can donate 10 hours to someone who doesn't have a job and move the average up.

Blondie

• gumby
    gumby

I'm sorry if I sounded facitious.

Not having work isn't funny, and many trying hard to find work are having a tough time. California in my area is booming and and some of it's surrounding states.....but I guess elsewhere is not so good.

Looking for work is like looking for a mate.......when you have one, they are all over the place.....but when your looking, they are hard to find.

Gumby

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I was an equipment operator until the end of my last pregnancy. That's when I found eBay. Now it is not real work, but it's real money. So I guess I don't fit into a profile. I think I am in that 3% margine of error.

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

I have two jobs, my friend Roxanne is employed and another girl I know who was raised a JW has a job as a cook in a swank hotel, and my brother's a doctor, and my sister's a nurse, and so on. there are plenty of well-educated, job-holding ex-jws out there. funny thing is, a majority of the active jws I know live on disability, off their parents, or do menial or unskilled labor for a living. the only wealthy or well-educated jws I ever knew became wealthy or well-educated before they became jws.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Lucky, most of the wealthy ones I know became that way first, like you said, or else are from money.

Momofmany I have a good friend that has made a good amount off of Ebay...thats work...what type of stuff do you sell?

my friend would refinish furniture and sell it...she is quite talented. Her only problem was shipping when she had a customer outside of New England.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit