Spiritual Welfare

by wheelwithinwheel 19 Replies latest jw friends

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Here’s something new. This year’s “Don’t give up” convention encourages theocratic welfare. Brother Pioneer is doing a lot of carting and having trouble making ends meet. His landlord doesn’t get it and decides to evict him and his wife.

Brother Elder likes brother Pioneer’s talks and is impressed by his ministerial school credentials. So when brother Pioneer confides in him that money’s tight, but that he pays his rent on time and his landlord wants to evict him for no reason (??? sure, we’ve all heard that one), bro. Elder doesn’t even consider clarifying the situation. The Christian principle of coming to an agreement between 2 parties doesn’t even cross his mind. Nor does he mention God’s principle of working to support your daily necessities. No, the answer is just to put the able-bodied couple on spiritual welfare. He explains to the couple how it works.

Next bro. Elder decides the best course of action is to screw that worldly landlord and get the congregation to move bro. Pioneer and wife to another apt.

Bro. and sis. Pioneer marvel at Jehovah’s generosity.

and bro Elder smirks at how simple it was for Jehovah to fix that situation.

New light shared, but not too surprising when you consider the video’s producers have been living on Jehovah’s spiritual manna for decades.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ah well...of course monetary help is rarely given to regular members of the congregation in need. (Say a regular one who is just trying to live a normal life)

Only if one is a popular appointed member (pioneer or elder) would that happen...and only as a private arrangement. NEVER an offical cong sponsored event.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Simple answer, if the society wants pioneers provide accommodation.

Because if the society bought houses, and made the " pioneers" pay rent on the " rooms" the society wil be gaining in " equity" and also have tennents, pay of the mortgage. Now that's a smart business plan.

I am starting a religion. It's where the smart money is.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Saturday 9:40am
    SYMPOSIUM: How Jehovah “Supplies Endurance and Comfort” to ...
    Those in Material Need (1 Timothy 6:18)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC8rUsfMwTo

• John Free
    John Free

This is the trick part of the witchtower babel and trick society coming into play. Here drones are being groomed and coerced into providing for the needs those putting the kingdumb first. If Jehovah was really backing this org such a video simply wouldn't be needed as Jehovah provides regardless. If this video was only about learning to trust in jehovah bro elders role in the video is also not needed. This is about the brothers being trained to take over jehovah's role- because jehovah isn't. All the while cards are to be left blank so daft old bro and sis pioneer can be tricked into believing joehoover is providing. Clever old washtowel.

• Splash
    Splash

(After showing the video)

"Brothers, have you noticed someone in your congregation who is putting Jehovah first but suffering financial difficulties under Satan's system? Do you have the means to help that brother? Remember, Jehovah is not quick to forget your acts of loving kindness to one another."

"Maybe there's no-one in your congregation who needs such help. In that case, wouldn't it show loyalty to Jehovah to help his organisation by means of your unrighteous riches, so that there may be an equalizing among you?"

"Jehovah loves such acts of kindness."

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOHN FREE & SPLASH:

I just made it known to a long time JW old "friend" my stand about Witnesses asking for money: my answer would be NO. They really do have a lot of nerve especially how they treated people who worked full time.

This person I mention is not in reality and suffers from selective memory loss like many Witnesses.

I'm glad I'm out and I don't want to know about these people.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Why is it that in every fu@king Watchtower video, the Witnesses are portrayed as victims? Always sighing, talking low, furrowing their brows and holding their heads down when encountering the normal issues of everyday life. Then out of nowhere, Jehovah's magic saves them and they become happy and ebullient once again, rejoicing in being one of Jehovah's chosen people.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Oh i've seen elders pull money out of their own pockets to help a single sister (who was not a pioneer, but did possess certain attractive physical attributes) pay her bills when she comes running into the watchtower study with tears streaming. Her utilities about to be cut off, she's spent all of her paycheck - on what? They don't ask.

Later she tells me her oldest boy wanted a pair of $100 tennis shoes, etc.

• Hecce
    Hecce

The expectations about help are not realistic. Maybe is a way to encourage congregations to support the displaced Bethelites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit