cosmetic surgery!!!

by Debz 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage
    I'm all for change and I look at it this way, Jesus will be my Divine surg.. I can't wait to get my New Body an be with Jesus Forever. The JW's are being cheated because they believe in there false doctines!

When I'm in Heaven I don't know how I will look but I do know I'm going to be Hot

Statements like this always give me a chuckle. Of course, I'm sure Jesus likes big breasts and nice long legs.

• Special K
    Special K

Sharon Osbornes.. another one of those who love Cosmetic surgery... 350,000 dollars worth.

Raymonds wife on Everybody loves Raymond show... tons of cosmetic surgery..

....The rage to be young..

special K ..

• Debz
    Debz
    Would they be more likely to be judemental about the suicide attempt or the surgery or could this vary by congregation? Just curiousity on my part. My MIL has had mental problems all her life and isn't exactly known for telling the truth all the time.

Kymeg,

I think that the cong would be `judgemental` in regard to your MIL for both of those things - the surgery and the suicide attempt. Perhaps the suicide attempt would fuel a lot more judgementalism than the surgery as they believe that to suicide is a major sin. Maybe they treat her a bit different as she has `mental issues` too - their opinion is that denial is preferable to treatment.

• toreador
    toreador

I know a gal who had breast reduction as well. She had back problems and that was the main reason. It didnt help now though that her top half doesnt match the bottom half. Now she looks like a flat chested fat lady.

• Kymegg
    Kymegg

I just thought the whole "turn" around thing was rather fishy. After her suicide attempt I expected there to be problems and maybe there was; we just didnt't know about them. We're kind of holding our breath because she's been a JW for almost 11 years and now there are "signs" that they might be getting away from it. I'm trying not to get too excited because there still is a mental health issue to deal with, but it will be nice to go from a paranoid schizophrenic JW mother-in-law, to just a PS. Then MAYBE she'll consent to seeing a doctor and getting some help.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Panda, you are so right. Breast reduction is necessary because of the damage and pain large breasts have on the body...the back especially. It certainly isn't cosmetic. I'm glad those girls had parents and family that supported their efforts to correct an imbalance.

/< (personally, I never had that problem.)

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

I don't know of any people who had cosmetic procedures in the KH's...however, I am a supporter of cosmetic surgery. If it makes someone feel better and more confident, do it! My mom had her breasts reduced. She was busting out of her DD bra at the time, had terrible backaches, and grooves in her shoulders from the weight of her ta ta's in her bra. She's so happy she did it!

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious
    Breast reduction is necessary because of the damage and pain large breasts have on the body...the back especially.

Man I know what you mean! I'm gonna have to do something about mine, my back is killing me.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Uh, have you looked at most of those boob jobs? They never look perfect. They look rubbery, shiny and fake.

I agree. We were watching an old Baywatch recently, and about 20 women were lined up in bikinis, (beauty contest) and I pointed out to hubby all the implants. They just look different.

If I could afford it, I would get the skin on my neck tightened. It's a hereditary thing, and my Dad has it too. I see those photos of my grandmother, her sister and their mother, and think that is what I will look like in 20 years. Ugh! I may as well get used to it.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick
    Uh, have you looked at most of those boob jobs? They never look perfect. They look rubbery, shiny and fake.

I disagree. I have seen several good boob jobs. The reason the breasts on Baywatch look shiny is because they are putting oil and makeup on them. Granted, there are those girls who get too large of implants, that look extremely fake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit