cosmetic surgery!!!

by Debz 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Debz
    Debz

All these shows lately on telly - like Nip/Tuck etc. highlighting cosmetic surgery got me to thinking of about 20 odd years ago as a dub..how prevalent CS was. I knew two young women (aged about 17 / 18) who had breast reduction operations in the same cong, of course it was very `hush, hush` at the time but considering it was a small country cong - that seems like a rather high ratio of non-necessary surgery to me........Any other experiences of this?

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

yea, circumcision. I pity any sucker that has it done to them.

• Panda
    Panda

Breast reduction is NOT cosmetic surgery. I know several women who had this done when they were teens because of the awful back pain.

• Debz
    Debz

because of the awful back pain. True Panda, however, in these girls cases it WAS purely cosmetic....it seemed to be the rage at the time (over 20yrs ago).......they were not overly endowed and I doubt that today they would be advised to undergo such correction. Even my daughter who did have major back problems due to her breast size was advised against surgery at least until she was older... Other JW`s I knew had stomach stapling - nose jobs etc......maybe it was just a fad at the time..

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't think any woman or girl would go through breast reduction because of a fad. When you do it you take a serious risk of your nipples losing sensitivity permanently and at the worst dying and falling off. In a world where men make a$$es of themselves over large breasts, how could anyone think this a fad?

Stomach stapling? You have to be at least 100 lbs over weight, nearly double your ideal bodyweight to have this surgery. You have to have tried diets and other options. This is serious surgery and doctors don't perform it for the person with a few annoying extra pounds to lose. I have a friend who has had it done and her hair is falling out like a chemo patient's.

What I find silly is the latest rage of having lips made fat. It's the ugliest and most obvious fad. I was reading Andy's new Rollingstone Mag. issue last night when I noticed Courtney Love has jumped on the band wagon with Cher and many others getting fat lips. I suppose they all want to look like Angelina Jole. I think hers may be natural and they still look a little weird, though she is very pretty. What the heck is wrong with normal lips? If men thought it sexy for women to have their legs amputated do you think women would finally see the light and draw the line?But then men have plastic surgery, too.

Heather

• archangel01
    archangel01

Well it's like this all....

Anything you do to your body is Cosmetic losing weight,Colored Contacts, Tanning, Makeup etc. Even if you get a nose job to fix breathing problems it is cosmetic. You want beauty and people will pay for it weather at a store or a doctor.The Cosmetic business is over 1 Billion Dollars! People have alway tried to to alter beauty to look better or different. How about the Egyptians with there Long Black str8 haired wigs etc etc. After the fall of man Perfect Beauty would be losted. I think because of are modern Hi-Tech world we are able to do more of it.If people can't look totally perfect then they try to come close to it. That's why most plastic surgery looks fake because it's Perfect Boobs on an IMperfect body. Not to say cosmetic is wrong, No. I'm all for change and I look at it this way, Jesus will be my Divine surg.. I can't wait to get my New Body an be with Jesus Forever. The JW's are being cheated because they believe in there false doctines!

When I'm in Heaven I don't know how I will look but I do know I'm going to be Hot

• Panda
    Panda

Debz, You're right about the dubs getting plastic surgery. I know many many sisters in th SanAntonio area who have had several procedures: eye lifts, tummy tucks (ouch***), face lifts, rhinoplasty, chin implants (to balance the nose jobs), liposuction everywhere neck, arms, thighs, butt --- , also breast enhancement. I knew one sister who saved for years for breasts.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Well I think some cosmetic surgery is fine as long as it is done well and makes the person look and feel better. Such as the people undergoing stomach stapling they lose weight so quickly their skin and body can NOT keep up they are left with folds like an elephant. I think anyone would say that is not something they would live with thighs sagging to knees GOD it is gruesome.

Cosmetic surgery can go awry look at Michael Jackson the doctors should be shot on sight(shudders) and as FHN said FOR THE LOVE OF GOD why would anyone want to do injections in their lips? The one actess on CSI was so pretty now she looks like someone punched her it doesn't look full and sexy it looks bloated and wrong YIKES Melanie Griffith is the worst lip job I have ever seen, hideous. Goes to show that money does not buy good taste.

For me I still am not at that point but I do like looking good for Thunder I would do some things I think but face lifts etc are scary and I hope I age as well as my Mom did she looked nice at 72 when she passed (praying for good genes)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    it's Perfect Boobs on an IMperfect body.

Uh, have you looked at most of those boob jobs? They never look perfect. They look rubbery, shiny and fake.

Full lips look good one women when they are natural and they are the lips she came with. Otherwise they do looked swollen as if they were stung by a bee or something.

Heather

• Kymegg
    Kymegg

My MIL is JW and she had her stomach stapled. She did have medical reasons for doing it and her doctors recommended it. Now she says that the congregation has been very judgemental about the surgery. I'm thinking that she might not be being entirely truthful about what's going on. See about six months to a year before the surgery she attempted suicide. I'm thinking that there is where the judgemental attitudes are coming from and not the cosmetic surgery. Can anyone give me some insite on that? Would they be more likely to be judemental about the suicide attempt or the surgery or could this vary by congregation? Just curiousity on my part. My MIL has had mental problems all her life and isn't exactly known for telling the truth all the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit