Am I shunned here?

by caves 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Hi Caves

You seem to be having a hard time of it at the moment. I don't believe that your thoughts and feeling are usual in that many of us have gone through a similar turmoil of feeling alone. I know I have. But like others have commented here, writing a post is often quite hard to express one deeper thoughts and often I've deleted a half finished post because it just doesn't sound right.

Ultimately though, we shouldn't take the words of others too personally, but rather try to just conciser them as just another opinion, one that may in fact be completely wrong. Hard I know when it seems cutting ... but that's what we got to do ... or we'll end up constantly feeling hurt and never get the benefits this place can offer.

It may seem like a long road at times but don't give up, you'll make it in the end.

no-zombie

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Hi Caves,

I understand feeling 'lost' I am the same. I'm struggling to move on and I am envious of those that can seemingly leave it all behind them and move on happily.

It feels like we've been let out of our JW cage but the outside is unfamiliar and a bit scary.

We now have to deal with so many emotions, perhaps even grieving over a life wasted.

Just take your time and hang on in there. Everyone says it will get better and easier.

Xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I’ve never heard of you, so I’m not shunning you. Lol!

DD

• unsure
    unsure

You are not alone. You are never alone. We are here for you and I'm sure there are others outside these forums who care about you.

I'm sure you've seen some beautiful wildlife when you lived in isolation. Even then you were not alone; you were and are still surrounded by life even if not human. If you ever feel alone because there is no other person around...look forward, look up, look down and you will see life all around you. It may not be able to speak to you or you to them but they are there surviving along side you.

Try to be like these non human creatures and live in the moment, not over thinking when you can help it. This is what I try to do.

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

Your wholeness comes from yourself. Not from an organization. Not from your family, not from a group of a people with similar experiences. You are “caves” your “wholeness” is within you.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Hi caves. Sometimes when a subject is difficult, I don't reply or get in the conversation because I may not understand it or experienced it.

Comparing yourself to others that have a different personality or perspective can be disheartening. For example - my sister and I have very different personalities and experiences being raised in the truth. I was never baptized but she was and lived a very JW life. I suffered because of feeling like an outcast from the rest of the in family and still somehow believing that it was true. I believed I would die at Armageddon. My sister on the other hand, lived the "normal" jw life tho she wasn't a fanatical one. When things happened to reveal that the WT wasn't all what they said and were in fact just greedy hypocritical men - we left. For the most part, my sister has packed up and moved on from the WT. Not that she isn't mad about being lied to but she doesn't want the WT to take any more of her life. I on the other hand, have struggled. Mostly from trying to figure out life and what to do. I get depressed because I haven't any friends and feel down about trying to change things.

When I post here, I don't expect a lot of replies because sometimes it's just me venting or because an idea popped up in my head and I want to see what others think about it. My personality is a little odd so that is another reason not to expect a lot of results.

Anyway, the WT purposely booby traps your mind with it's carefully presented phobias and rules. Sometimes you don't even know what you are thinking is from them. Hope you can come out of your cave.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Caves, it took me quite a while to figure out how to live a normal "worldly" life. You are not being shunned here, here you can find support and validation.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hi Caves, these replies are proof positive you are not being shunned. Simon even took the time to send a second post........Simon is the founder of this Forum and continues to keep it running.

There are times when a POV is not replied to or accepted. People have a reasonable right on this forum to respectfully disagree.

So be reassured.

Here is a site that deals with the feelings people experience when they leave or try to leave a high control religion.

Check this out for your self: Religious Trauma Syndrome, or RTS.

http://journeyfree.org/rts/rts-its-time-to-recognize-it/

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    caves - "Am I shunned here?"

Yes.

All the people who have actively participated in your thread are shunning you.

Right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit