New York's Bethel tunnels are no more . . .

by neat blue dog 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

But where are the people going to go when Jah starts throwing fire balls from heaven come Armageddon ?

Geez some people just dont think !

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I wonder if The Watchtower had to take responsibility for getting this done as a condition of sale. I ca imagine that if the tunnels were allowed to remain, they would create property tax issues for the new owners.

• rebel8
    rebel8

The jw rumor back in the day was the tunnels were kept to allow the Bethelites to not come in contact with Normals.

A cult with a commune that restricts outside contact.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

effing weirdos....

I don't know if I think it was a good idea for the sake of efficiency or if I think it is creepy weird. It is hard not to find it creepy weird.

• berrygerry
  • Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I have been in those tunnels. They were creepy. Still Totally ADD

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol please. Creepy? They were well lit, tiled and painted just like the buildings they connected. They were large and spacious. They wernt little tunnels you crawled through or something. I always found it convenient and safe to be able to go between the larger buildings at night and even during the day it let you avoid the heat or cold or rain... of all the creepy ass things bethel the tunnels were way down on the list

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I never found them in any way creepy.

Noone I knew was forced to walk through them, especially in Spring or Fall.

But on a miserable cold, rainy, snowy day or hot day, why not use them.

Rub a Dub

• blondie
    blondie

I was in those tunnels many times over the years with and without my Bethelite hosts. There were wide, high, well-lighted, clean and waxed like hospital hallways in a good hospital, no dripping water, peeling paint, or literal darkness. They used them mostly to 1) move big things between buildings easily, keep the foot traffic down up above and keep the neighbors happier, safer for women and men alike during the dark evenings especially if you were alone. If anyone had another experience it had to be before 1971.

I can remember being warned not to walk 3 across the sidewalks and force the people who lived in the neighborhood into the street/gutters. If it was raining, snowing, or other unpleasant weather, all you had to do was go down to a connecting tunnel and arrive, dry and warm, no need for coats or boots.

Let's keep the Bethel experiences like this closer to the reality. Of course, there were probably basement areas for furnaces and other infrastructure commonly found in large buildings that may have been different, but not the tunnels for foot traffic and movement of equipment/furniture/etc.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit